a couple of days ago I installed graphic driver on my good old machine (apparently before that I didn't have properly installed drivers).
There were two options
ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver [installed this one]
ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver (post-release updates)
PC performance was great, until the moment I decided to watch a movie online - after 10 minutes the screen blacked out and I needed a restart. Any use that is more graphic intensive inevitably leads me to the black screen
Deactivated ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver and tried to activate ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver (post-release updates), but failed due to:
Sorry, the installation of this driver failed. Please have a look at the log file for details: /var/log/jockey.log
Then activated ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver, but the problem persists and now even without any streaming media the PC dies.
Would appreciate if you get me out of this pickle.
- HP Pavilion tx2500z Entertainment NB
- AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-82 (2.2 GHz)
- 12.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) w/Integrated Touch-screen
- 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics
- 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
- 802.11b/g WLAN and Bluetooth
- LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
- 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Microsoft(R) Works 9.0