Thread: For those who are after bit perfect audio in Linux

Beans

For those who are after bit perfect audio in Linux

http://www.head-fi.org/t/561961/bit-...dio-from-linux

This is a thread that I ran across in my search to get bit perfect audio. I want better than my 16 bit 44.1Khz pulse audio can do (I have some 24 bit 96Khz and 24 bit 192Khz recordings). Come to find out it isn't hard to do. I use deadbeef and follow that method.

One thing to note, it won't work quite right if you have something open already using the sound system. I had a youtube video paused and then I tried to get deadbeef going at high rez. What I found out was I could hear the music but it was only running at 44.1Khz. I had to stop the flash player so the audio would be released. I then restarted deadbeef and it worked perfect at 96Khz and 192Khz.

My setup is to run the spdif from my computer to my receiver. My reciever displays the incoming signal information so I can see what is actually being transfered.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: For those who are after bit perfect audio in Linux

I used to be a member at Head-Fi.Org before I asked Jude Mansilla to ban me permanently. Anyway, I followed that guide for DeaDBeef-0.52 and I think that I have bit-perfect audio playback. I just don't know how to verify that in Ubuntu yet. I also read that Clementine 1.0.1 can do bit-perfect audio playback and it is easier to use than DeaDBeef and it organizes your digital music library in a more coherent manner. It also does not lock your audio like DeaDBeef so you can listen to audio from multiple sources.