Thread: Some troubles with ASUS GeForse 570

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Some troubles with ASUS GeForse 570

Hello!
    I've got a new PC last week with nothing installed on it. The characteristics are blowing: over 4 GiB of ram, over 4 CPUs, etc... With a little BUT.

The annoying video card doesn't want to work. I've tried everything I could: installed the dev versions of this driver, using the Nvidia Driver from the official website. I've installed ubuntu 11.10 64-bit.

So the problem is: Many games which require a video acceleration (like minecraft) doesn't work at all, they give crash messages

Probably the solution: Installing some drivers
    After doing so, My Unity 3D session load the desktop only, without a launcher, and any other stuff, I open up tty1 and reload the X-server (lightdm)

After this "solution" minecraft works, but Unity 3D doesn't

The driver which is installed right now can be found here

any suggestions?

~fatal_error

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Some troubles with ASUS GeForse 570

Ok, got it.
    There are no stable versions of Nvidia drivers released for ubuntu 11.10 amd64 by the ubuntu community. There is some kind of drivers made by xorg-pushers and nvidia, but they are laggy and unstable. I'll mark it solved.

The solution is: install the LTS version (10.04). For more modern look and feel, try messing up with gnome-3, though it's not recommended for new ubuntu users, because you won't have a big support from ubuntu developers, because they are planning to include gnome3 in version 12.04 (I guess)... If you really want to try out gnome-3, install Fedora or OpenSuse.

~fatal_error