Thread: Dropdown box on webpage not working

Beans

Dropdown box on webpage not working

Newbie here. Installed Ubuntu 11.10 without any problems, but encountered an issue with a webpage. The page uses drop down boxes to add information and it will not work. Any suggestions on how to fix. When I put the mouse on the drop down line it says at the bottom of the page (javascript:window.showmenu(window.navbar appt). I am using firefox. website is sa.dmotorworks.com
    Thanks for any help.
    trickyricky

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Dropdown box on webpage not working

this may not be an issue with ubuntu. It is related to your firefox browser. Do you know where the start menu is ? This is a menu normally located at the bottom of your screen. If you place your mouse cursor over the start menu it will show you several choices of different things you can do. ONe of these choices is the 'Internet' choice, which you can click to see more choices of things that are internet related. You might see the name of other browsers listed there such as Google Chrome or Chromium. If you click one of those you will startup a different browser than firefox. You can then use the same address as you typed into your firefox address line and type that into a different browser. this might work/not work differenly from firefox. In this way you can determine if your issues are specific to firefox or more generic in that you webpage has an issue than baffles most browsers. If so, you will need to fix the web page or get a new/fresh copy.

There is no spoon
    Best ubuntu pocket guide
    Can't believe, i've just spent 50 years writing COBOL code - oh, and i still love it

Beans

thanks. i tried the web page on my w7 computer using chrome and firefox and they both did not work. it must be those browsers and not ubuntu. i'll have to figure a way to get it to work with those browsers since ie will not work with ubuntu. any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This may be a bit of a long shot but you could try the firefox add on 'user agent switcher' to spoof internet explorer. When I go to the site that you quoted I get a login box but obviously cannot get past that point to see what the problem may be.

Beans

Solved it by installing IE. Thanks.