Thread: min/max/close buttons

Beans

min/max/close buttons

Im new to Ubuntu but just upgraded to 11:10 where all windows min/max/close buttons are now on the left. I would like them on the right where I was able to edit the theme in previous version before the upgrade.

I cant see anywhere to change the button locations. Theme's no longer seem to be editable to this level?

colour etc is nice but I really hate having these buttons on the left also gets in the way of the launch bar being on the left.

surely im not the only one wanting this!!! was unable to see this previously posted.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: min/max/close buttons

I think it was Lucid that first had them by default on the left. I remember using gconf-editor to put them back on the right, although I can't remember where the option actually was.

But I found this instead. I've no idea whether gconf-editor still even works with GNOME 3 ...

Beans

The easiest way would be to install Ubuntu tweaks and you should get an option to change the buttons from there. Since 11.10 uses the new GTK3 themes, it may take some time to get the same flexibility as you had in Gnome 2.

Beans

thanks for the info but tried both but neither have any options for the themes just lists which theme I would like.

gconf-editor looks the most promising but googling again suggested changing /apps/metacity/general/button_layout button text which didnt help.

If anyone knows better please help... this might be a small problem but a large annoyance after ~20 years of the buttons being on the right.