Thread: Connection problems with Iphone personal hotspot

Beans

Connection problems with Iphone personal hotspot

I am finding it difficult to keep my HP mini connected to my iphone's personal hotspot. I am running 11.10. I find I have to actually open the settings in iphone to the personal hotspot menu before the wireless on my HP wil see it. This is a pain to have to do every time I wake up my HP mini. It usually takes several minutes before the iphone will appear on the list of wireless connections in Ubuntu.

The other problem is that if there is a stronger wireless hotspot in the room, Ubuntu will disconnect me from my iphone connection and ask if I want to connect to the other wireless hotspot.

Any suggestions how to solve these two problems.

Beans

Re: Connection problems with Iphone personal hotspot

Follow up on this thread:
    After upgrading to 12.04 I can connect to the iphone via wireless personal hotspot, but I cannot transmit through the iphone. ifconfig shows tx errrors for the iphone wireless connection. I also noticed that the hardware address shown for the iphone in ifconfig is different from the one show on the iphone settings. I have tried to manually change it on Linux, but cannot figure out how. Any help trying to figure this out would be helpful.