Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ubuntu 11.10 ruined the experience for anyone else? What do you use now?

Beans

Has Ubuntu 11.10 ruined the experience for anyone else? What do you use now?

I hate to say it, but as an Ubuntu user since Dapper, 11.10 is making me look elsewhere. I highly dislike Unity being forced upon the user, and even though I've switched to the Gnome Classic desktop, there are numerous bugs and quirks that weren't present in 11.04 or 10.10. It feels like a giant step backwards and my daily experience is much like having to use Windows.

Has 11.10 forced anyone else to switch? I'm debating if I should try a different OS such as Linux Mint or reinstall 11.04. My only concern with the latter is the longevity.

Beans

Re: Has Ubuntu 11.10 ruined the experience for anyone else? What do you use now?

I didnt even attempt to get 11.10 after the bad experience with 11.04, I went back to 10.10 but now its very troublesome so i'm un-installing Ubuntu completly now and going back to windows

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Has Ubuntu 11.10 ruined the experience for anyone else? What do you use now?

Thread moved to Recurring Discussions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by firefox834 View Post
    I didnt even attempt to get 11.10 after the bad experience with 11.04, I went back to 10.10 but now its very troublesome so i'm un-installing Ubuntu completly now and going back to windows
    Remember that there are other Linux distros avaliable, like Fedora, Debian, PCLinuxOS, and Linux Mint.
    Say no to Microsoft. Say yes to open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

11.10 Gnome Shell, NOT Unity....result

11.10 Unity, a little bit of effort ....result

Move on guys......
    Alan

Saddleworth, Manchester (UK).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by foogoo View Post
    there are numerous bugs and quirks that weren't present in 11.04 or 10.10.
    Can you mention some problems that you encountered ?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by firefox834 View Post
    I didnt even attempt to get 11.10 after the bad experience with 11.04
    What do you mean by bad experience ? Please tell us. I had plenty of bad experiences (wifi was not working for example) too. But I am dealing with them slowly.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AlanR8 View Post
    11.10 Gnome Shell, NOT Unity....result

11.10 Unity, a little bit of effort ....result

Move on guys......
    I dont understand what you are saying. Please explain if you wish.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxFan999 View Post
    Remember that there are other Linux distros avaliable, like Fedora, Debian, PCLinuxOS, and Linux Mint.
    Anything similar to ubuntu, especially in terms of driver support? I am trying lubuntu or xubuntu now, besides ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by foogoo View Post
    What do you use now?
    10.04 LTS in my desktop and to Lubuntu 11.10 in my laptop.

I can afford experiments on the Laptop but not on the Desktop, so I'm considering Debian for the Desktop.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast