Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lubuntu One Stop Group

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Lubuntu One Stop Group

Wow what a great idea.

I only just started using Lubuntu and I must say it is the first edition of Linux that I am enjoying the experience.
    Unfortunately I do not frequent the forums enough to be part of a group, and my knowledge of Linux let alone Ubuntu & Lubuntu is extremely limited.

But its great to see all this keen support for this simplified and (IMHO) improved edition of Ubuntu.

Cheers
    Grimace

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyp View Post
    Wow what a great idea.
    Thank you

I only just started using Lubuntu and I must say it is the first edition of Linux that I am enjoying the experience.
    Congratulation, you did the right choice

Unfortunately I do not frequent the forums enough to be part of a group, and my knowledge of Linux let alone Ubuntu & Lubuntu is extremely limited.
    Guess what? that makes you the right person for this group
    Who told you we are seeking ONLY Linux Gurus here? that's not true. If you go through the first post again, you'll understand that this group is based on sharing, helping and learning. You'll learn a lot and then you can turn to help others and who knows what else?

Anyway, it's your call

By the way, have a look at this thread since you are new to Lubuntu
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    Thank you

Congratulation, you did the right choice

Guess what? that makes you the right person for this group
    Who told you we are seeking ONLY Linux Gurus here? that's not true. If you go through the first post again, you'll understand that this group is based on sharing, helping and learning. You'll learn a lot and then you can turn to help others and who knows what else?

Anyway, it's your call

By the way, have a look at this thread since you are new to Lubuntu
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755
    That thread is how I came to this thread. Been slowly browsing and learning some stuff.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyp View Post
    That thread is how I came to this thread. Been slowly browsing and learning some stuff.
    I'm at your service if you need anything

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Count me in. I believe that whatever small amount of knowledge that I do possess should be passed on to whoever I can assist. Perhaps a special Sub-forum in LXDE forum might be an alternate place. You are already a mod there.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Bouwense View Post
    Count me in.
    I knew you will show up soon

I believe that whatever small amount of knowledge that I do possess should be passed on to whoever I can assist.
    I second that. Well said.

Perhaps a special Sub-forum in LXDE forum might be an alternate place. You are already a mod there.
    Three good reasons for NOT doing that:
    1- Ubuntu Forum has much more traffic - even though I'm doing my best to attract users to LXDE Forum
    2- If we, Lubuntu Team will do that then Mint Users, Fedora Users, etc will ask for that too and as far as I can tell, LXDE Team is not ready for that.
    3- I do have access to moderate but I don't have access to add sub-forums. Only "admin" can do that and it's an account that I guess people who are in charge of LXDE Forum (before me) are having access to.

Beans
    Distro

Three good reasons for NOT doing that:
    1- Ubuntu Forum has much more traffic - even though I'm doing my best to attract users to LXDE Forum
    2- If we, Lubuntu Team will do that then Mint Users, Fedora Users, etc will ask for that too and as far as I can tell, LXDE Team is not ready for that.
    3- I do have access to moderate but I don't have access to add sub-forums. Only "admin" can do that and it's an account that I guess people who are in charge of LXDE Forum (before me) are having access to.

Beans
    Distro

Well, I talked to one of the people in charge and he said that about other distributions. I might send an Email through the mailing list of Lubuntu and LXDE but I know the answer already

I'll hold that for now and will discuss about it later ... it's in my mind

Beans

perhaps there ought to be sub-forums for Mint, Fedora, Debian, etc.
    OK, I'm confused. I thought this was supposed to be Lubuntu specific? I know LXDE works on all other similar distros, but they already have support for their version. For instance, Mint has an LXDE thread on their forum. And I know from testing both of them myself, Mint LXDE 11 and Lubuntu 11.04 have some significant differences. So, if I was running Mint LXDE, I would go to the Mint forum. If I have questions about Lubuntu, I don't want to have to swim through all the other questions about Mint, Fedora, openSUSE, etc. to find Lubuntu specific information. (I don't go to the Ford dealership if I want to buy a Chevy.)

I like the idea to have a dedicated Lubuntu thread. It should have it's own place.

Just my opinion. It's your house...you furnish it the way you want.

Beans
    Distro

You are correct. We were talking about another forum, LXDE and the possibility of sub-forums there. You don't have to wade through anything here. This is Lubuntu specific. Sorry for the confusion. My mind doesn't always get in the correct gear all of the time.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast