Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Netflix

Beans

Re: Netflix -- Sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by kurt18947 View Post
    I'm not a Netflix user but would this be Sticky-Worthy? Netflix seems to come up frequently and this is the first/only solution I've seen.
    The reason this "solution" doesn't work is because Netflix does not work on Boxee for Linux.

The person who wrote the eHow article apparently didn't actually research the issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Netflix

Save this link as a bookmark.
    It's a good source of information about Netflix on Linux.

http://how-to.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_...ly%29_in_Linux

Beans

Re: Netflix -- Sticky?

We need to get people to sign the online petition to get netflix support for linux (Ubuntu) I mean they have it on cell phones but we can't use it? WTF? I called netflix today and they just gave me a bunch of bs. Saying that this operating systems firmware and bandwith can not support netflix. I don't know a lot about firmware and bandwith but, I do know that firmware is in your hardware and I can run netflix in a vbox with winblows so does that change my firmware and speed up my bandwith? NO!!!!!!!!!!! Idiots

Beans

Supposedly, Netflix is being ported to HTML5 and away from Silverlight. We'll see if it becomes Linux-compatible then.

Beans

i don't see why it doesn't work on linux it works on pretty much everything else under the sun. doesn't effect me too much though since i watch it on my ps3. But, it would be nice if i was on a plane with wifi to watch on my netbook.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans

I don't know where you found this out at but I asked the person today when they would support netflix and she just kept trying to bs me. she had no clue. When do you think it may work with Ubuntu? I doubt if it will ever happen unless we find a hack to make ubuntu work with it. I think we should all put our heads together and try to crack their drm and whatever else is needed to make it work with all distros of linux. If it can work on a ps3 and wii, cell phones, etc. then I think it makes us the linux community look bad if we can not find a hack to make it work like we do everything else. I am going to start trying but I don't know as much as most on here.
    Last edited by jcm1107; November 12th, 2011 at 05:17 AM.

Beans

No.

Quote Originally Posted by jcm1107 View Post
    I think we should all put our heads together and try to crack their drm and whatever else is needed to make it work with all distros of linux.
    Just a friendly warning, that's illegal in the US. (See: DMCA)

Does it suck? Totally.
    Last edited by Thewhistlingwind; November 12th, 2011 at 05:17 AM.
    Life is an extraordinarily long concatenation of luck and coincidence.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Thewhistlingwind View Post
    No.

Just a friendly warning, that's illegal in the US. (See: DMCA)

Does it suck? Totally.
    Sorry I didn't know it was illeagal to make my computer able to run "netflix" a service that I have been a customer of for years!!!!!!!!!!! I watch it on my ps3 but feel I should be able to watch it on my computer without having to open windows in a virtual box. I guess I should just cancel my service since it is against the law to make my computer run it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jcm1107 View Post
    Sorry I didn't know it was illeagal to make my computer able to run "netflix" a service that I have been a customer of for years!!!!!!!!!!! I watch it on my ps3 but feel I should be able to watch it on my computer without having to open windows in a virtual box. I guess I should just cancel my service since it is against the law to make my computer run it.
    Breaking DRM is illegal.

If you can find another solution were all ears.
    Life is an extraordinarily long concatenation of luck and coincidence.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Thewhistlingwind View Post
    Breaking DRM is illegal.

If you can find another solution were all ears.
    I am not saying to do anything illegal. but the only solution would be to crack the drm so I suppose that is why netflix can not work on ubuntu! even if someone did crack it they couldn't or wouldn't say because it is illegal.This still does not explain why they make it play on a ps3 cell phones, wii etc, etc. everything except ubuntu? Are they afraid we will rip their movies? cause if we wanted to do that we would just download torrents, burn copies of movies from the library or what have you for free.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast