Thread: All Day Long - changing Wallpaper not working - 11.10

Beans

All Day Long - changing Wallpaper not working - 11.10

Hey!

I really like a wallpaper set called "All Day Long".
    (If you google All Day Long and Ubuntu its one of the first links that shows up)

In order to set it up, one must terminate a java script (called install) and it creates .xml file. In previous versions of Ubuntu it worked fine but now I tried setting it up after installing Ubuntu 11.10. I run it in the terminal and it created the .xml file and also said "Background automatically set". However, the background is still the same than it was before.

I know this is probably easy for most of you guys since I assume
    it has something to do with the java script. But I am pretty new to Linux and don't know much about java

Thanks for help!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: All Day Long - changing Wallpaper not working - 11.10

Just add the .xml file to your wallpapers yourself, like you would add any normal picture.

The javascript was quite likely made for Gnome2, and Ubuntu uses Gnome3 now so the setting for current wallpaper is in different place.

Beans

Re: All Day Long - changing Wallpaper not working - 11.10

I'm having the same problem, and of course i also tried to add the xml file, but there's no option for it, i also tried to add it to the backgrounds folder and nothing, i've seeing in other forums you just overwrite the backgrounds-1.xml file and problem solved, but i really prefer not to do that, does someone knows how to do it?, and if it's very hard (or impossible, don't thing so thought) to do, to know how (avoiding the overwrite solution of course XD)