Thread: financial software for seeing report every 2 weeks of what is due and receive email

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

financial software for seeing report every 2 weeks of what is due and receive email

I am looking for financial software in ubuntu. What I want to be able to do is to enter a bill in that will be paid every 28 days. We do not want to pay them "monthly". I am sure I could just enter it to be paid every 28 days and that would suffice. Also, I want to be able to go in every two weeks and see what is due to be paid before the next pay day which would be 2 weeks from then. Furthermore, it would be nice for the program to email me a summary so that I don't have to do anything. I just read the email and know what I have to pay and how much. Is this possible in gnucash or something similar? I would prefer free financial software. Also, I can skip the email part as that may be asking a lot. I will view that as a bonus if some free software can do that.
    Switching from Windows to Ubuntu one small step at a time

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: financial software for seeing report every 2 weeks of what is due and receive ema

Quote Originally Posted by toolmania1 View Post
    I am looking for financial software in ubuntu. What I want to be able to do is to enter a bill in that will be paid every 28 days. We do not want to pay them "monthly". I am sure I could just enter it to be paid every 28 days and that would suffice. Also, I want to be able to go in every two weeks and see what is due to be paid before the next pay day which would be 2 weeks from then. Furthermore, it would be nice for the program to email me a summary so that I don't have to do anything. I just read the email and know what I have to pay and how much. Is this possible in gnucash or something similar? I would prefer free financial software. Also, I can skip the email part as that may be asking a lot. I will view that as a bonus if some free software can do that.
    Moneydance is paid software and lets you create scheduled payments etc. on virtually any time scale that are displayed to you when you start it. It does not "e-mail" them to you.

I have been using it for many years since I stopped using Windows and Quicken.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way