Thread: Is it possible to save a DosBox game with no game save by saving the state?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Question Is it possible to save a DosBox game with no game save by saving the state?

Is it possible to save a DosBox game with no game save by saving the state?

For example Magicland Dizzy has no way to save a game in progress. Could I save the current state of the game and continue from that point at a later date? I know this can be done in the Gens/GS emulator.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rytron; October 28th, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008
    GNU/Linux User #470660 – Ubuntu User #28226
    Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."

WasMeHere is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

Re: Is it possible to save a DosBox game with no game save by saving the state?

This is possible with Sun VirtualBox, and it should be possible to run DOS programs after installing DOS (or Windows and run from DOS-prompt).

Have fun finding out
    Olle

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Is it possible to save a DosBox game with no game save by saving the state?

here's a patched version with savestate support. you'll have to compile it yourself, though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Wink Re: Is it possible to save a DosBox game with no game save by saving the state?

Quote Originally Posted by Olle Wiklund View Post
    This is possible with Sun VirtualBox, and it should be possible to run DOS programs after installing DOS (or Windows and run from DOS-prompt).

Have fun finding out
    Olle
    I'd rather stay with DOSBox.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Lightbulb Re: Is it possible to save a DosBox game with no game save by saving the state?

Quote Originally Posted by Grishka View Post
    here's a patched version with savestate support. you'll have to compile it yourself, though.
    Thanks but I'll give it a miss. I hope DOSBox bring in this save state feature in future releases.