Thread: Why Did We Switch To Unity?! + New Distro Idea

Beans

Lightbulb Why Did We Switch To Unity?! + New Distro Idea

Why did we switch to unity?! GNOME 2 was the best! I miss the old days of 8.04 with that good looking GNOME 2! (I know it was in all the way to 11.04 i just like classic the best!) And as far as the new distro ideas goes i think we should start a distro that includes all of the new features that come out but with GNOME 2 instead. So like 12.04 with GNOME 2. I think its a great idea, anyone who agrees with me and is a dev or knows how to start this off and do this please help me get it started. I can do artwork im good with GIMP and Photoshop CS5 but i have little code experience. Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Why Did We Switch To Unity?! + New Distro Idea

Thread moved to Recurring Discussions.

yet another unity thread

Beans

I understand why you moved it but can you please move it somewhere besides where it currently is. I want it to be seen somewhere else besides reoccurring discussions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

But it is actually a recurring discussion, we have both had, and continue to have plenty of threads about people thinking the unity switch was a bad idea.

The thread should, and will, stay in recurring discussions - you'll still get discussion on it

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

GNOME 2 is dead. That's not Canonicals fault, so don't blame them.
    Ubuntu user #35115 - Linux user #555707 - My Ubuntu Wik page
    Join the Ubuntu Forums' IRC room (#ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net)!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Joeb454 View Post
    But it is actually a recurring discussion, we have both had, and continue to have plenty of threads about people thinking the unity switch was a bad idea.

The thread should, and will, stay in recurring discussions - you'll still get discussion on it

Unity should be the hardest system I have seen yet to use no way to really find application if you don't know the name once installed no way to change founts, colours or contrast.

In short it is a bad Idea with no option to opt out.

I have been trying to two days now to get a desktop that I can read the fonts on. since updating I have lost the easy of reading. text are all washed out. and no way to change them.
    Help system has no info on how to do so.

There is a reason why this is a reoccurring thread. It unity sucks.

Shanta