Thread: clicking places>home folder opens gedit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

clicking places>home folder opens gedit

in 10.10 when i click Places>Home Folder....it opens gedit? why? i dont even know where to start on this one
    it said windows XP or better so i installed Ubuntu

They say if you play a Micro$oft CD backwards it has satanic messages on it, Heck thats nothing. Play it forwards and it'll install Windows!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: clicking places>home folder opens gedit

Give this a try. Open nautilus and go to the directory that has that folder in it you are trying to open. Right click it and open folder with "open with other application." Then scroll to "open folder." Make sure it is checked underneath to "Remember this application for folder files."
    Last edited by User3k; February 18th, 2011 at 09:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro

now that i look at it all the folders under Places are doing this

They say if you play a Micro$oft CD backwards it has satanic messages on it, Heck thats nothing. Play it forwards and it'll install Windows!

Beans
    Distro

thanks....that worked.....this was very weird and idk how that happend....i was using gedit but i never told it to open a folder?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by c0d4041292 View Post
    thanks....that worked.....this was very weird and idk how that happend....i was using gedit but i never told it to open a folder?
    Your welcome.

It was probably just something done by accident. I still do that at times after years of using Linux.

Beans

Give this a try. Open nautilus and go to the directory that has that folder in it you are trying to open. Right click it and open folder with "open with other application." Then scroll to "open folder." Make sure it is checked underneath to "Remember this application for folder files."
    My "open with > other application" doesnt have a "remember this application" option. What else can I do? Ive searched through preferences and administration. Thanks!