Thread: Flicker in Desktop Cube

Beans

Flicker in Desktop Cube

Hello, I am having a problem when I use the desktop cube. Whenever I turn the cube, there is a flicker of the previous image that appears in the current screen, and it lasts only a split second. This is really annoying, and was wondering if anyone else was having this problem, or knows how to fix it. Thanks!

Beans

Re: Flicker in Desktop Cube

Bump

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by mclizardman View Post
    Hello, I am having a problem when I use the desktop cube. Whenever I turn the cube, there is a flicker of the previous image that appears in the current screen, and it lasts only a split second. This is really annoying, and was wondering if anyone else was having this problem, or knows how to fix it. Thanks!
    I have heard of this issue and experienced it once before. I think I reset compiz by using

Code:
    gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/compiz
    then deleted the /.compiz folder and rebooting
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate || My WIKI
    ---------------------------

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yeah disable sync to vblank

open compiz config

click on OpenGL

set texture filter to fast and uncheck sync to vblank

log out and back in

Beans

If none of the above help then you are one of many where rotate is currently unusable
    bug report here, there possibly will be a fix in the future, don't hold your breath.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...iz/+bug/876198

Beans

Unfortunately, none of those suggestions worked. It's strange, it worked fine in Narwhal...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Unfortunately, none of those suggestions worked. It's strange, it worked fine in Narwhal...
    It is a reported bug......I did find this might help:

This behavior annoyed me to the point where I finally pulled the oneiric versions of the debs and used --force-downgrade
    which incidentally, while not ideal did result in a compiz that behaves like it should. As a workaround while waiting for a proper fix, it seems to work better than the current packages.
    In the interest of disclosure, I'm not using unity so if you expect unity to work this isn't the route to go. Otherwise, dpkg -l | grep compiz and replace anything with '0.9.6' in the version with it's oneiric-era '0.9.4' equivalent. There will be a couple extra '0.9.6' packages without equivalents (probably due to some package restructuring) that had to be removed outright (e.g. compiz-plugins-default, etc.). Now make sure you also replace 'libdecoration0' (and 'libdecoration0-dev' if appropriate) with their '0.9.4' oneiric equivalents as well. Then cross your fingers and reboot. Pinning these packages until a proper fix is available is left as an exercise for the reader. No guarantees of course, but it's working beautifully for me.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...iz/+bug/876198
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate || My WIKI
    ---------------------------