Thread: How Do I Get The Gnome Menu Applet In Lubuntu?

Beans

How Do I Get The Gnome Menu Applet In Lubuntu?

I got the desktop looking mostly like Gnome on my Mom's Computer, except I just get a one menu button, not the "Applications Places System" Menu applet. Is it possible to get this in Gnome. I'm using the LX11 DE (I think that's what it is). It take some time to get used to and I can't seem to make icons on the desktop, doesn't seem to be a menu for it.

Beans

Re: How Do I Get The Gnome Menu Applet In Lubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice Girls View Post
    I got the desktop looking mostly like Gnome on my Mom's Computer, except I just get a one menu button, not the "Applications Places System" Menu applet. Is it possible to get this in Gnome. I'm using the LX11 DE (I think that's what it is). It take some time to get used to and I can't seem to make icons on the desktop, doesn't seem to be a menu for it.
    If you look on this guide you will see how to install most of the things you are going to need:

http://debianhelp.wordpress.com/2011...neiric-ocelot/

When you install Lubuntu from the PPA and then switch session, you will see on the above list a screenshot of what you get. There should be left corner icon you click to display everything you want, just like you would see in old Windows XP.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

What release of Lubuntu are you using?

I don't recommend installing GNOME Menu unless you insist

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    What release of Lubuntu are you using?

I don't recommend installing GNOME Menu unless you insist
    I'm using the latest. Why is Gnome Menu not recommended? I downloaded it via Synaptic Package Manager, however I don't see it i the list of applets.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I'm using the latest. Why is Gnome Menu not recommended? I downloaded it via Synaptic Package Manager, however I don't see it i the list of applets.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1269788