Thread: How do I remove my Ubuntu (inside Windows) installation?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

How do I remove my Ubuntu (inside Windows) installation?

Hello,

I just got a new computer with Windows XP Pro.....decided to install the version of Ubuntu (11.10) with the "inside/along side Windows" option. The installation seemed to go OK but there was some kind of permission error so after trying the installation 3 more times, I kept getting that error and decided the hell with it. Next time I booted computer, I had a Windows boot screen with the 2 systems offered as choices. So I figured I must have done something right. So I booted into Ubuntu and all was well. Till late last night when I went to use computer, when I booted up Ubuntu, when the desktop came on I had NO launcher, no options to log off, shut down...nothing, just the background picture I selected previously, with no way to do anything. So after attempting to reinstall, I cant even do that....WUBI doesnt work for some reason. I keep getting "NO DISK" Windows error message when I try to run WUBI. If i try to install from CD, I ask to install along side Windows....when it comes to the part to "Use sliders" to adjust the size of the Win/Ubuntu partitions, theres NO SLIDER so I cant do anything...I am too frustrated to deal with it and will go back to using Ubuntu 10.10 on another machine. In the mean time how do I DELETE from my Windows partition the small amount of data put there by Ubuntu? How do I get rid of the dual boot windows boot screen and go back to the regular Windows boot up? Thanks/////Bob

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How do I remove my Ubuntu (inside Windows) installation?

If you used "wubi" to install "inside" Windows, the first thing to do is to check if you can remove Ubuntu using the "Add/Remove" or "Uninstall programs" options from your Windows control panel.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: How do I remove my Ubuntu (inside Windows) installation?

You can try removing Wubi manually:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide#Ho...nstall_Wubi.3F