Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Emulators For Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Best Emulators For Ubuntu.

hey mmm...wiener... sorry whats the terminal code to download the PCSX-R emulator. im new to linux so whenever i click on links to download something they never work right sorry for the hassle

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by blackadam View Post
    hey mmm...wiener... sorry whats the terminal code to download the PCSX-R emulator. im new to linux so whenever i click on links to download something they never work right sorry for the hassle

Oh sorry for the late Answer but here you go:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install pcsxr

Beans

Radical_Dreamer had asked about the Nintendo DS.

For 32-bit, DeSMuME seems to work fine. It feels a little slow on my machine, and the sound is so slowed down that I ended up turning it off. You should try it, you might have better results (my laptop is 2 1/2 years old and wasn't a high-end rig). Desmume is in the getdeb repositories, so you'll need to enable them. It opens in a smallish window - I suggest expanding the window to fill your screen if you want to read text.

Beans

This is a bit of a shameless plug, but: FS-UAE is a quite new, and good Amiga emulator based on updated emulation core from WinUAE I have just released version 1.2 here: http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae (And I provide precompiled Ubuntu/Debian debs).
    Last edited by FrodeSolheim; May 1st, 2012 at 10:08 AM.

Beans

Snes9x was not mentioned for Super Nintendo, but I think it's the best choice for most users.

ZSNES is a pain to install and has a much lower level of compatibility and sound quality than the others.

bnes is quite resource intensive and the current default GUI is lackluster... byuu is hoping to get someone else working on that part.

You can install/update snes9x easily from this PPA, run by the emulator's Linux developer: https://launchpad.net/~bearoso/+archive/ppa

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

What about DOSbox?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Hari5g900 View Post
    What about DOSbox?
    The OP was really asking about emulating console games.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Oh yeah OK. Sorry!

Beans

Beans

Hm, padon me, but the OP said that he was making a Linux box in the case of a Sega Genies. So if it is based on Ubuntu or Mint all you have to do is plug in your USB controler. Now you will probaly need a keyboard and mouse at first to set up the emmulators as most of them do not have any auto detection on them. Also Kega Fussion is now dead on Linux so you will have to use a version of Gens/GS and it does work on 64bit machines as I used it this morning at 9:00 AM to make sure it worked, I had to drown out those talk shows on Channel 8. If you want a classic experiance you can also get some USB converters or ports that let you plug in a Mega Drive contoler to your computer through the USB port.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast