Thread: ePsxe 1.9 Installer

Beans

ePsxe 1.9 Installer

I was setting up ePsxe 1.9, and just realised that these unofficial installation instructions go on forever (and I am not even sure if they are still applicable). There has to be someone how has combined all of these steps into a single installer.

Or should I be using some other PS emulator?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: ePsxe 1.9 Installer

Thread moved to Emulators

Pcsx-r is in the repos, and is ready to use when you install it.
    much easier then having to find and fix a bunch of little pieces which may or may not be supported anymore.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

i just downloaded the linux binary off the epsxe webpage then installed the ia32 libs needed to get this to run. Personally I find epsxe very much better than PCSX-R in every way

Beans

Do you not need to track down and pick between Bioses, GPU plug-ins, and SPU plug-ins any more?

And when I was there, there was no binary, only a zip of a folder structure (and a separate download for a front-end).

Add to this, absolutely zero official documentation/help, and this has to be the absolutely least user friendly program I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Jonathon_Wisnoski; May 14th, 2014 at 01:46 AM.

Beans

Well I dont know where you downloaded epsxe from but i just got it from the epsxe downloads page. Extracted the files that have a binary in it called epsxe a folder structure incorporated that each have a readme inside on where the bios goes etc.

Plugins can be downloaded from

http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm

and put into the "Plugins" folder

make sure the epsxe binary is executable and ia32libs are installed and it runs.

After running it for the first time a hidden ".epsxerc" config file is created in the same folder as the binary