Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lubuntu issues

Beans

Lubuntu issues

To start off...

It does not show me the correct amount of space being used. Think I solved that....

kakashi12@Sentia:~$ df
    Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda3 26764348 3330240 22074544 14% /

So, only 14% of the partition is used so far?

---
    Secondly, can not set AbiWord default Save As to .doc extension. Looked this up and found a command to do this, but it says command not found.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Lubuntu issues

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi_12 View Post
    To start off...

It does not show me the correct amount of space being used. Think I solved that....

kakashi12@Sentia:~$ df
    Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda3 26764348 3330240 22074544 14% /

So, only 14% of the partition is used so far?

---
    Secondly, can not set AbiWord default Save As to .doc extension. Looked this up and found a command to do this, but it says command not found.
    You need to explain more. People who never saw your other thread, will understand nothing from what you posted here

Beans

i know. my mistake.

When going to Places, Computer, and then looking at properties of Filesystem. It does not show the amount used or the capactity of the partition. i solved that problem with using the command above.

I am still having the problem with AbiWord. I would also like to change the default in the spreadsheet to of course to xls.

Third problem, Can't change the system time preferences to non-military time (show PM or AM)

Forth, any way that I can display "Computer" icon and "Trash" on desktop?

Beans

Two more problems....

Can't set keyboard shortcuts or turn touchpad 'tap to click' off/disable

ScreenSavers don't work. Says that there are packages missing and they can't be set. I installed one package but can't find the other in synapitcs. xscreensaver-extra is the one still missing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I am still having the problem with AbiWord. I would also like to change the default in the spreadsheet to of course to xls.
    http://www.abisource.com/wiki/FAQ/Always_save_as_Word

I'll get back to you for the other issues soon

Beans

Ok, solved the screensaver problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Third problem, Can't change the system time preferences to non-military time (show PM or AM)
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lu...mizingTheClock

Beans

Like I said, i tried that and it said command not found. NOW that I read closer it says "Gedit command not found".
    Well, duh. It would help if gedit was installed! lol. That's kind of essential.

Beans

Ok. I've installed gedit from Synaptics. Now the file opens, but it is a blank file and i get errors. Almost like I don't have permissions or something.

sudo gedit /usr/share/abiword-2.6/system.profile

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-buttons.css:159:10: Expected valid border

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:102:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:117:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:134:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:153:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:165:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:175:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:186:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:198:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:208:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:218:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-bars.css:223:16: Themeing engine 'adwaita' not found

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.E22U3V': No such file or directory

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.DBQ83V': No such file or directory

(gedit:9188): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

Beans

Clock fixed, thanks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast