Thread: Some programs start wrong gtk theme?

Beans

Some programs start wrong gtk theme?

Haven't seen this before but with Xubuntu 11.10 several programs run with a Raleigh type theme, similar to how if you're using a theme in /home Synaptic will open with the Raleigh theme (or the Xfce equivalent). Aislerot and Rhythmbox are two examples.

I don't remember 11.04 doing this.

Thanks for any solution.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Some programs start wrong gtk theme?

What theme you are using currently, and is it compatible with both GTK2 and GTK3?

All the new applications from Gnome are using GTK3, so if your theme only has GTK2 support they would end using the default theme instead.

Beans

This is Clearlooks, which I thought might remain well-maintained for a while, and I do mean Xubuntu rather than Ubuntu too. I'll get a chance to download and try Ubuntu 11.10 tomorrow and I'll see if things are the same.

Thanks so far.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

No, there definitely isn't any GTK3 version of Clearlooks available, and as both Rhythmbox and Aisleriot are Gnome's programs you really need a up-to-date theme for them, regardless of what desktop environment you are using.

There are some GTK3 themes available here, you should look for one that says it includes both GTK2 and GTK3 if you want all your programs to use the same theme: http://gnome-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=167