Thread: How to read figures from a table and calculate the total and print it in the same fil

Beans

Question How to read figures from a table and calculate the total and print it in the same fil

I am trying to write a bash code to read the figures of a given table and to calculate the total and print it back in the same file. Please I need a help !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How to read figures from a table and calculate the total and print it in the same

Moved to programming.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: How to read figures from a table and calculate the total and print it in the same

Quote Originally Posted by Reginaisy View Post
    I am trying to write a bash code to read the figures of a given table and to calculate the total and print it back in the same file. Please I need a help !
    Any reason to use bash as opposed to Perl or Python? Can you describe the file that you are reading and data in it?
    Regards,

Karlson

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Other scripting languages are more useful for this.
    This can be done pretty easy in Python, Ruby or even Haskell.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Freedom is measured in Stallmans.
    Projects: gEcrit