Thread: Banshee with live365 buffering problem

Beans

Banshee with live365 buffering problem

I'm using ubuntu 11.04 o a relatively old netbook (eeepc 701 4GB). I installed using the server iso and the ubuntu-netbook package.

Banshee works fine: plays my local music without problems, as well as jamendo, magnatude, xiph.org.

However, almost every station on live365.com (using the liveradio plugin/extension) stutters and gets stuck at "0% buffering" after the ads have played (ads play fine for some reason).

Google revealed many folk having similar problems but no solutions. I tried fixing this with gstreamer-properties as well as investigating if this is a memory or cpu issue: it seems not to be. I have about 700MB free memory and cpu use does not go above 65% or so. My internet speed is fine. I have free disk space too.

Somehow, buffering settings seem not to fit live365's tastes.

Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Banshee with live365 buffering problem

Did you ever find a solution to this? I've noticed the same problem for me when using Live365.com radio stations. I'm using the same plugin.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mendhak View Post
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I've noticed the same problem for me when using Live365.com radio stations. I'm using the same plugin.
    Unfortunately, no. I ended up jotting down a few nice radio stations I found through Banshee and switching to mpd...

Beans

I'm trying to listen to my MPD stream (pushed out via HTTP on LAN) on Banshee, but I get the same result.
    It loads the HTTP stream metadata OK, but fails to play media (keeps buffering to 0.0%).

The same MPD HTTP stream works OK in other players, such as VLC & Chromium browser (& mobile)

- incidentally, the same issue seems to be present in Rhythmbox
    FLOSS'er