Thread: 11.10 Live CD graphics issue

Beans

11.10 Live CD graphics issue

I have tried the live CD on my wifes PC and it works fine but on my "older" PC the live cd wont run.
    I can get to the screen which says "try or Install" and everything seems to work OK but when clicking on Try it eventually arrives at a unity desktop but none of the launchers work, the display is screwed up and the top panel indications are "dead".
    It sounds like a graphics driver problem to me but I dont want to go ahead and try and install and screw up my current installation.
    My card is a Nvidia Geforce 6200 and Unity is supposed to work with this
    Any ideas ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: 11.10 Live CD graphics issue

Quote Originally Posted by serfcx View Post
    I have tried the live CD on my wifes PC and it works fine but on my "older" PC the live cd wont run.
    I can get to the screen which says "try or Install" and everything seems to work OK but when clicking on Try it eventually arrives at a unity desktop but none of the launchers work, the display is screwed up and the top panel indications are "dead".
    It sounds like a graphics driver problem to me but I dont want to go ahead and try and install and screw up my current installation.
    My card is a Nvidia Geforce 6200 and Unity is supposed to work with this
    Any ideas ?

How about trying the classic look? Does it run using the classic look instead of Unity?
    ~humanity to everyone and everything~

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jemate18 View Post
    How about trying the classic look? Does it run using the classic look instead of Unity?
    There is no option to run the live Cd with a classic look, well not one I can see !

Beans

bump !