Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lucid Lynx GLX broken after xserver-common and xserver-xorg-core update

Beans

Re: Lucid Lynx GLX broken after xserver-common and xserver-xorg-core update

Good morning everyone!

Sorry for not being online yesterday longer. I just want to say: Wow. Thank you all for the quick actions and such a flood of responses within the bug-report. I had to go through 57 mails since my last reply.
    Well, new patch has been just downloaded, trying to install now. Will update this post, when updated behalf of the status.

Update: Yes, it seems having this one resolving the issue previously. It took X a bit to appear, and my screen turned white for a few seconds, but after that it seemed working well. I will update the bug report as well.
    Last edited by norbert79; October 20th, 2011 at 08:02 AM.

Beans

I seem to be the only one remaining with issues. I've upgraded but I still get OpenGL error when I try to open XBMC. I have completely removed xserver and then reinstalled but still no joy. I think maybe I really messed things up when I was attempting to downgrade yesterday.

Update: After doing all I could think of I decided to reinstall the nVidia driver...hey presto, fixed

Update2: Having fixed the problem I updated to xserver-common & xorg-core 7.10 only to have the same problem again so quick downgrade and reinstall of nVidia driver again. No updating for me for some time.
    Last edited by usreile; October 21st, 2011 at 01:50 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by usreile View Post
    I seem to be the only one remaining with issues. I've upgraded but I still get OpenGL error when I try to open XBMC. ...
    Thank you for sharing!

While the problem from yesterday got solved by the patch for me, I have a discovered an interesting side-effect, causing minor issues: The bootsplash won't go back into graphical when shutting down, it stays in CLI mode.

Anyone else noticing this?
    After last update it seems working again... This is getting very weird. Void the part in Quote please!
    Last edited by norbert79; October 21st, 2011 at 08:24 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by norbert79 View Post
    Thank you for sharing!
    You're most welcome..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123