Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lubuntu 11.10...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Lubuntu 11.10...

It's official, as of 11.10, Lubuntu is now a member of the Ubuntu family! I've just downloaded the .iso and starting to plan my migration from Xubuntu 11.04. While it's still quite early, are there any thoughts on the newest Lubuntu and it's induction as an official variant?
    HP Pavilion dv6, Core i3-3110M, 6GB RAM, nVIDIA Geforce GT 650M, 640GB HDD: Win10 / Haven't-decided-untu 16.04 64bit

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Lubuntu 11.10...

Well, they don't seem to have a website at the moment... That is about all I got (except to say awesome job to the Lubuntu devs for getting it made part of the family).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Congratulations to the people developing Lubuntu. I've got to get around to trying it out

Does this mean that I can do a sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop or something similar now?
    Someone call a doctor to crack open my rib cage and repair my broken heart...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by -gabe-noob- View Post
    Congratulations to the people developing Lubuntu. I've got to get around to trying it out

Does this mean that I can do a sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop or something similar now?
    If you are running Oneiric or later, the answer is yes. Iso images are also available at the usual place.

BTW, they also need testers for the coming release, you can post question related to testing, in the Precise testing and discussion sub-forum

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by zer010 View Post
    It's official, as of 11.10, Lubuntu is now a member of the Ubuntu family! I've just downloaded the .iso and starting to plan my migration from Xubuntu 11.04. While it's still quite early, are there any thoughts on the newest Lubuntu and it's induction as an official variant?
    Hi there,

I'm one of Lubuntu Team and I know our website is under some work at the moment but if you'll visit the website, it will direct you to: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu

I assume you'll find all what you need to know there but if there is more to ask, please feel free to ask whatever you want

Beans
    Hidden!

It's been a long time coming, and they deserve it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Lubuntu is awesome on my netbook. (acer aspire one) Great job devs!

Beans
    Hidden!

im going to install it this weekend. im glad its part of ubuntu now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Talking Re: Lubuntu 11.10...

Quote Originally Posted by northwestuntu View Post
    im going to install it this weekend. im glad its part of ubuntu now.
    As am I...So now there is yet another contender to be decided on next year.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    Hi there,

I'm one of Lubuntu Team and I know our website is under some work at the moment but if you'll visit the website, it will direct you to: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu

I assume you'll find all what you need to know there but if there is more to ask, please feel free to ask whatever you want
    GREAT JOB to you and your team, congratulations.

Are the video tutorials from your old website still available anywhere and, if so, do you have a link? If not, are there any plans to re-post them?
    'Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security.' - Benjamin Franklin

Registered Linux User#407002 / Registered Ubuntu User#1806

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast