Thread: reduce timer switch time for gridding windows in alt-tab

Beans

reduce timer switch time for gridding windows in alt-tab

First of all, I really like the new alt-tab interface in 11.10. However, I think that the timer switch for opening the multi-window grid is way too long. In fact I dont see why there is any timer switch at all, it should just show the multi grid as soon as i move to the icon for multiple windows. Is there any way in which the timer switch can be reduced? perhaps theres a file where it is set??

Beans

Cool Re: reduce timer switch time for gridding windows in alt-tab

Another strong +1 here -- nice concept, but the latency of switching currently makes this much less efficient than the old switcher. I know I can press the down arrow to make it expand quicker but then it's a multi-handed operation.

Related issue: when switching between windows of the same app (very frequent operation with a web browser), one needs to press alt-tab, then shift-alt-tab to come back to the grid for the app before finding the target window. Suggested fix: alt-tab should select the next window the (expanded) grid of the current app, not the next app.

Beans

Re: reduce timer switch time for gridding windows in alt-tab

You can also press the tilde "~" button above tab for the same functionality
    as the down arrow so can be done with one hand.

Beans

Re: reduce timer switch time for gridding windows in alt-tab

Ah, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I was messing around with different plugin switchers, which all didn't work with gvim for some reason, and I finally gave up and looked for a shorter timeout period. Then, I stumbled onto your post. Beer for you!