Thread: ubuntu 11.10 and XRDP

Beans

ubuntu 11.10 and XRDP

Hello and greetings

I have on my network a newly upgraded Ubuntu 11.10 server running XRDP for serving a few applications up that I can't find in the Windows world

Since the upgrade when trying to log into the server from Windows 7 Pro or Home Ed, I now get a blue background with nothing on it. My guess is that Unity broke something that worked beautifully under GNOME. Anyone have ideas on how to fix this short of moving to another OS?

Beans

Re: ubuntu 11.10 and XRDP

I have encountered the same problem and bug reported it as Bug #900016

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...dp/+bug/900016

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've had great results using putty and Xming together to achieve X11 forwarding for remote linux apps on windows 7. nxserver and nxclient from nomachine work pretty well too for the true RDP type of experience. I've never tried XRDP though.

Beans

I've been getting the same problem as Mr. gradwell. I used to use xrdp, but after doing a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.10 it hasn't worked no matter what I try.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Have you tried a different desktop environment, like gnome-classic? To install gnome-classic, use your preferred method of installing packages and install gnome-session-fallback. On a reboot, select gnome-classic from the lightdm menu and login.

@gradwell, if there is already a bug report about the problem, why create a new one, especially with so little information?