Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: bluetooth cannot send nor receive files in ubuntu 11.10

Beans

Talking Re: bluetooth cannot send nor receive files in ubuntu 11.10

Here is a temporary fix,

http://ubuntu.igameilive.com/2011/11...th-fix-in.html

,I am also having same problem, I am not satisfied a bit from Ubuntu 11.10, worst release , i have ever seen from Canonical.

Simple device like bluetooth which is of daily use & were working well in previous distro & they are saying that We are improving, getting better
    , thumbs down to canonical.

Beans

Re: bluetooth cannot send nor receive files in ubuntu 11.10

Quote Originally Posted by kanhiya View Post
    Here is a temporary fix,

http://ubuntu.igameilive.com/2011/11...th-fix-in.html

,I am also having same problem, I am not satisfied a bit from Ubuntu 11.10, worst release , i have ever seen from Canonical.

Simple device like bluetooth which is of daily use & were working well in previous distro & they are saying that We are improving, getting better
    , thumbs down to canonical.

It's just what I suggested in post 45, which was inspired from this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Half solution is still a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Atcold View Post
    I see.

When I attempt to send a file from the phone, it replies with the following ERROR:
    Code:
    Cannot connect to the OBEX device.
    It is either not accessible or does not support selected service.
    And it gives me also an Action Failed notification:
    Code:
    Cannot copy the file 'file_name'. The remote system refused the network connection.
    Whereas Ubuntu (11.10) does not even notify any kind of warning or error.

Anyway, installing obexfs, now I've got two icons. The former did/does not pair with the phone, whereas the latter does. Anyway, it allows me only to send (and not receive) files to the phone.
    Hmm, it's interesting since it lets you send to the phone.
    Can you check the about dialog of both icons? (what app that is)
    Also can you check what BT libs you've got
    Code:
    % sudo dpkg -l |grep bluet
    Regarding the receive error - can you check your syslog for any hints?
    Code:
    % tail /var/log/syslog

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vangop View Post
    Hmm, it's interesting since it lets you send to the phone.
    Can you check the about dialog of both icons? (what app that is)
    The one that does pair is the following:

The other is just the standard pre-installed one.
    Also can you check what BT libs you've got
    Code:
    % sudo dpkg -l |grep bluet
    Code:
    atcold@atcold-Pavilion-dv7:~$ sudo dpkg -l | grep bluet
    [sudo] password for atcold: 
    ii  blueman                                1.23+r731~oneiric1                      A Graphical bluetooth manager
    ii  gir1.2-gnomebluetooth-1.0              3.2.0-0ubuntu2                          Introspection data for GnomeBluetooth
    ii  gnome-bluetooth                        3.2.0-0ubuntu2                          GNOME Bluetooth tools
    ii  libbluetooth3                          4.96-0ubuntu4                           Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack
    ii  libgnome-bluetooth8                    3.2.0-0ubuntu2                          GNOME Bluetooth tools - support library
    ii  pulseaudio-module-bluetooth            1:1.0-0ubuntu3.1                        Bluetooth module for PulseAudio sound server
    Regarding the receive error - can you check your syslog for any hints?
    Code:
    % tail /var/log/syslog
    Code:
    atcold@atcold-Pavilion-dv7:~$ tail /var/log/syslog
    Nov 30 12:19:26 atcold-Pavilion-dv7 avahi-daemon[966]: Invalid response packet from host fe80::42a6:d9ff:fe9f:7f69.
    Nov 30 12:20:27  avahi-daemon[966]: last message repeated 3 times
    Nov 30 12:21:16 atcold-Pavilion-dv7 wpa_supplicant[1110]: WPA: Group rekeying completed with 00:1e:13:c6:cf:31 [GTK=TKIP]
    Nov 30 12:21:18 atcold-Pavilion-dv7 wpa_supplicant[1110]: WPA: Group rekeying completed with 00:1e:13:c6:cf:31 [GTK=TKIP]
    Nov 30 12:23:08 atcold-Pavilion-dv7 dhclient: DHCPREQUEST of 140.105.234.232 on eth2 to 172.30.48.2 port 67
    Nov 30 12:23:08 atcold-Pavilion-dv7 dhclient: DHCPACK of 140.105.234.232 from 172.30.48.2
    Nov 30 12:23:08 atcold-Pavilion-dv7 dhclient: bound to 140.105.234.232 -- renewal in 279 seconds.
    Nov 30 12:23:39 atcold-Pavilion-dv7 wpa_supplicant[1110]: WPA: Group rekeying completed with 00:1e:13:c6:cf:31 [GTK=TKIP]
    Nov 30 12:24:33 atcold-Pavilion-dv7 wpa_supplicant[1110]: WPA: Group rekeying completed with 00:1e:13:c6:cf:31 [GTK=TKIP]
    Nov 30 12:25:29 atcold-Pavilion-dv7 wpa_supplicant[1110]: WPA: Group rekeying completed with 00:1e:13:c6:cf:31 [GTK=TKIP]
    Anyway, vangop thanks for your interest! I am a Linux newbie and I do not know where to put my hands.

Beans
    Distro

Looks like you've got somehow blueman updated to 1.23, which I could only with ppa (11.10 repos have 1.22~bzr707-1ubuntu1).
    Was quite excited to try it out. Well yes, the pairing now works from phone, but I still can't send the file from the PC - connection refused.
    Although I'm on xubuntu and only have
    Code:
    ii  blueman                                  1.23+r731~oneiric1                      A Graphical bluetooth manager
    ii  libbluetooth3                            4.96-0ubuntu4                           Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack
    ii  libgnome-bluetooth8                      3.2.0-0ubuntu2                          GNOME Bluetooth tools - support library
    But you do confirm that now sending the file from PC works?
    Regarding your syslog, is it what you get after trying to send the file from the phone?
    If it is, you may want to try to run bluetoothd -d = debug mode. It didn't help much for me, the log looked perfectly normal, but still.
    if you wanna try - stop the daemon and run it manually with -d.
    Code:
    $ sudo service bluetooth stop
    $ sudo bluetoothd -d
    Try to send the file and check the syslog again.

Beans

Looks like you've got somehow blueman updated to 1.23, which I could only with ppa (11.10 repos have 1.22~bzr707-1ubuntu1).
    Pardon?
    But you do confirm that now sending the file from PC works?
    It has always worked, also before, even though it did not pair with the phone (no blue symbol).
    Regarding your syslog, is it what you get after trying to send the file from the phone?
    I am not following you. I said that Ubuntu does not notify anything. The messages I view are from the phone (Windows Mobile).
    If it is, you may want to try to run bluetoothd -d = debug mode. It didn't help much for me, the log looked perfectly normal, but still.
    What should it do?
    Try to send the file and check the syslog again.
    OK, I will try.

Beans
    Distro

I'm not sure why my post was so confusing, but what I meant was that we have the opposite problems, PC can receive files but get "connection refused" on send.
    Also I suggested to enable debug mode of the bluetooth daemon and check system logs for any hints afterwards.
    But now that you've mentioned that you're connecting to Win mobile, I remember I used to have the same issue.
    Try to receive from a different phone (non win mobile), it should work. Also, I've tried to send/receive to my old win mobile phone from my current 11.10 x64 xubuntu, and it was working EXACTLY the same as for you. So this must be some win mobile interaction issue (win phone->pc), and pc->phone sending fails for android
    crazy!

Beans

The problem is due to the new distribution. I got same problem in Natty. When i had updated, problem was solved. You have to wait until new update for Oneric releases.

Beans

I'm not sure why my post was so confusing, but what I meant was that we have the opposite problems, PC can receive files but get "connection refused" on send.
    Also I suggested to enable debug mode of the bluetooth daemon and check system logs for any hints afterwards.
    But now that you've mentioned that you're connecting to Win mobile, I remember I used to have the same issue.
    Try to receive from a different phone (non win mobile), it should work. Also, I've tried to send/receive to my old win mobile phone from my current 11.10 x64 xubuntu, and it was working EXACTLY the same as for you. So this must be some win mobile interaction issue (win phone->pc), and pc->phone sending fails for android
    crazy!
    Well.. you did not manage to make it work. Nice.. I believe this is one of many factors that will keep me close to Microsoft.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Same here, I'm afraid.

File Transfer:

"Sending files via Bluetooth" ----> From ----> To:

"Unable to find service record"

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast