Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11.10: Nautilus-gksu extension not working for me

Beans

11.10: Nautilus-gksu extension not working for me

I had nautilus-gksu working well in 11.04. It shows itself as being installed in 11.10 (after upgrading via Update Manager) but I don't see the "Open as Admin" entry when I right-click on a folder not belonging to user in Nautilus.

This is after quite a few reboots.

Beans

Re: 11.10: Nautilus-gksu extension not working for me

No one got around to rebuilding the extension for gtk3 - A bug I have on this has languished.
    What i do here to get working, has been fine over the last 4 months or so thru the dev & release.
    Code:
    sudo cp /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-gksu.so /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-3.0/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    No one got around to rebuilding the extension for gtk3 - A bug I have on this has languished.
    What i do here to get working, has been fine over the last 4 months or so thru the dev & release.
    Code:
    sudo cp /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-gksu.so /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-3.0/
    Thank you, Sir! Perfect after a re-login. Marked as Solved.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Thank you
    You're welcome
    Maybe one of these days there will an update. Till then or otherwise you should be fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Sorry to spoil things, but that did not fix it for me. I cannot see anything added to the R-click menu when browsing non-user-owned folders.

I'm on 11.10, Unity 3D, 64bit.

I hope there will be a fix sometime soon - it sounds like a very useful extension.

Beans

Thanks but it doesn't seem to work for me as well. It did add the "open as administrator" line, it prompts for root password but after that it does not launch anything.

Beans

Last edited by Destain; October 18th, 2011 at 04:02 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pharbar View Post
    Sorry to spoil things, but that did not fix it for me. I cannot see anything added to the R-click menu when browsing non-user-owned folders.

I hope there will be a fix sometime soon - it sounds like a very useful extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destain View Post
    Thanks but it doesn't seem to work for me as well. It did add the "open as administrator" line, it prompts for root password but after that it does not launch anything.
    Not sure what the state of either of your install is but I've probably done this over 50 times in the last 4 + months as have others - worked every time here & still does on current release installs

(haven't done any upgrade install in many months, if that's your case there's no discounting what does or doesn't happen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Well, my system (Oneiric, Unity 3D, 64bit) was bang up to date when I wrote that, but following today's updates I have just noticed that it is now appearing.

However, not having used the extension before, it is just possible that I had not been looking in the right place, at the right time... (in the sense that I might well have been expecting to find an option to execute a command when already inside a folder, rather than on entering it. If so, sorry to have doubted your workaround.

Looks very useful - many thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pharbar View Post

Good to know it's working for you now. Sometimes, a re-login or a reboot seems to do the magic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast