Hello everybody,

I upgraded my system to 11.10. So that worked fine so far. However, after having installed gnome-session-fallback I got a somehow messed up gnome desktop with missing icons etc. Well that doesnt really matter as I decided to switch to KDE. I installed KDE the usual way and it worked fine. Then, when I wanted to shut down I somehow managed to lock KDE. The whole screen was behind that "unsharp" mask and I couldnt do anything anymore. I then shut down on the shell.
So the next time I started up the desktop manager wouldnt come up anymore. I get plymouth and it simply stops at one point. I only see the 4 dots. I checked for plymouth trouble shooting under http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/plymouth and found that I should try to disable plymouth using kernel parameter. However, since the install of 11.10 I don't have any GRUB menu anymore. It simply boots without seeing grub...
So the question is how the hell do I get back into the grub menu? I saw that I have to change the grub menu.lst, but thats not possible as I cannot boot into the system. I can't switch into a console when plymouth hangs, so there is no way to change anything.

As I am using WUBI (please don't be mad ) booting the system using a boot cd is not so easy. So any other solution (press a key at one point or similar) would be appreciated.

thanks