Thread: Google Integration?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Question Google Integration?

There seems to be some kind of google account integration directly into 11.10, but what is it that it does? I still had to set up my email in thunderbird, my im in empathy and then download the plugins to sync my calendar and contacts.

What did it do when I linked my ubuntu 11.10 to my google account?

Beans

Re: Google Integration?

No new information from me, but i'm asking me the same question.

A native calendar integration would be awesome (always had some trouble with calendar plugins..)

regards

Beans

same thing, ..

BTW: after the upgrade so manythings where broken, it looks like you guys had a contest breaking the system as much as possible without making it unbootable, if so you did a great job.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I didn't do an upgrade, I went with a new install and it seems to be ok. I really want to like all of the changes, and I'm close, but I'm having a bit of difficulty chaning my mind on how it's supposed to work.

I even considered going over to kubuntu, but I know that the integrations that are in place on the ubuntu side of things are very well integrated, which makes me want to see if I can adjust.

With that said, I'm still not sure what the google sync option did for me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

It does seem to bring in Google contacts to Thunderbird's address book. And if you use Gnome Shell and install Gnome Contacts you can access them there as well (for some reason Gnome Contacts doesn't seem to appear anywhere when using Unity, though. Which is a pity since it's very pretty tool for the purpose.).

Quote Originally Posted by Ofloo View Post
    same thing, ..

BTW: after the upgrade so manythings where broken, it looks like you guys had a contest breaking the system as much as possible without making it unbootable, if so you did a great job.
    You are blaming the wrong people in the wrong place, this is user forum, it's rather rare for any developers to show up here...

Anyway, fresh installs tend to be a lot more reliable, unless you are running plain default setup with no customizations or third-party software.