Thread: system monitor for Xubuntu?

Beans

system monitor for Xubuntu?

Is there an Xfce counterpart of the Gnome System Monitor that will show your processor type, amount of installed memory and Linux kernel version?
    All I can find is the Task Manger and it doesn't have a system info tab unless I'm missing something.
    Last edited by rattskjelke; October 13th, 2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: can't spell

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: system monitor for Xubuntu?

Not like the gnome-system-monitor, no. However, you can always install the gnome-system-monitor into xubuntu, it has minimal dependencies.

Other options include conky, gkrellm, sysinfo (look for them in the software centre)

Beans

Thanks.
    That's what I was afraid of. I just installed Xubuntu 11.10 today and don't want to "Gnomeify" it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

The dependencies for gnome-system-monitor are minimal. On my system, it only installed the following extra packages:

Start-Date: 2011-10-13 18:38:48
    Commandline: apt-get install gnome-system-monitor
    Install: gnome-system-monitor:i386 (3.2.0-0ubuntu1), libwnck-3-0:i386 (3.2.0-0ubuntu1, automatic), libwnck-3-common:i386 (3.2.0-0ubuntu1, automatic)
    End-Date: 2011-10-13 18:38:56

Beans

sys-info from the main repositories will give the info you are looking for, but it is not part of a task manager
    Xubuntu 11.10 64 bit