Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgraded to 11.10 - No more raw thumbnails

Beans

Re: Upgraded to 11.10 - No more raw thumbnails

Hello
    I fixed it changing in /usr/share/thumbnailers/raw.thumbnailer the %i for %u

The result:
    Code:
    [Thumbnailer Entry]
    Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-raw-thumbnailer -s %s %u %o
    MimeType=image/x-3fr;image/x-adobe-dng;image/x-arw;image/x-bay;image/x-canon-cr2;image/x-canon-crw;image/x-cap;image/x-cr2;image/x-crw;image/x-dcr;image/x-dcraw;image/x-dcs;image/x-dng;image/x-drf;image/x-eip;image/x-erf;image/x-fff;image/x-fuji-raf;image/x-iiq;image/x-k25;image/x-kdc;image/x-mef;image/x-minolta-mrw;image/x-mos;image/x-mrw;image/x-nef;image/x-nikon-nef;image/x-nrw;image/x-olympus-orf;image/x-orf;image/x-panasonic-raw;image/x-pef;image/x-pentax-pef;image/x-ptx;image/x-pxn;image/x-r3d;image/x-raf;image/x-raw;image/x-rw2;image/x-rwl;image/x-rwz;image/x-sigma-x3f;image/x-sony-arw;image/x-sony-sr2;image/x-sony-srf;image/x-sr2;image/x-srf;image/x-x3f;

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by obZen View Post
    Hello
    I fixed it changing in /usr/share/thumbnailers/raw.thumbnailer the %i for %u

The result:
    Code:
    [Thumbnailer Entry]
    Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-raw-thumbnailer -s %s %u %o
    MimeType=image/x-3fr;image/x-adobe-dng;image/x-arw;image/x-bay;image/x-canon-cr2;image/x-canon-crw;image/x-cap;image/x-cr2;image/x-crw;image/x-dcr;image/x-dcraw;image/x-dcs;image/x-dng;image/x-drf;image/x-eip;image/x-erf;image/x-fff;image/x-fuji-raf;image/x-iiq;image/x-k25;image/x-kdc;image/x-mef;image/x-minolta-mrw;image/x-mos;image/x-mrw;image/x-nef;image/x-nikon-nef;image/x-nrw;image/x-olympus-orf;image/x-orf;image/x-panasonic-raw;image/x-pef;image/x-pentax-pef;image/x-ptx;image/x-pxn;image/x-r3d;image/x-raf;image/x-raw;image/x-rw2;image/x-rwl;image/x-rwz;image/x-sigma-x3f;image/x-sony-arw;image/x-sony-sr2;image/x-sony-srf;image/x-sr2;image/x-srf;image/x-x3f;
    Thanks, that fixed, I didn't the raw.thumbnailer file in /usr/share/thumbnailers so just created the file and now it all works. I will paste this fix under the bug report so other finding the bug report can fix it.
    Gary
    Linux since 1995, Ubuntu since 2006

Beans

Worked for me too !
    Thanks !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

If you wish to use ufraw thumbnailer (active development supports modern cameras)

replace the exec= line with

Code:
    exec=/usr/bin/ufraw-batch --embedded-image --out-type=png --size=%s %u --overwrite --silent --output=%o
    Oh insure you have ufraw,ufraw-batch installed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have been using the following custom script to create raw thumbnails. It overlays text indicating the raw file type (ORF / NEF / CR2 etc.) over the thumbnail image so as to make it easy to distinguish between a jpeg image and a raw image. Particularly useful when shooting in raw + jpg mode, where one gets two identical thumbnails (one for raw and one for jpg) and distinguishing between them requires careful inspection of the extension. This script eliminates the need for such careful inspection.
    The following script is located at /home/sarang/bin/my-raw-thumbnailer/my-raw-thumbnailer.bash
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    # usage: my-raw-thumbnailer size inputfilename outputfilename

set -e

SIZE="$1";
    INPUT="$2";
    OUTPUT="$3";
    RAW_STAMP="$(echo "$INPUT" | sed 's/.*\.//')";
    RAW_STAMP="  ${RAW_STAMP^^}  ";

ufraw-batch --embedded-image --out-type=png --size="$SIZE" "$INPUT" --overwrite --silent --output=-| convert - -fill white -undercolor black -gravity SouthWest -pointsize 16 -font '/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-droid/DroidSans-Bold.ttf' -annotate  +0+0 "${RAW_STAMP}" "$OUTPUT"

unset SIZE INPUT OUTPUT RAW_STAMP

exit 0
    Also, /usr/share/thumbnailers/raw.thumbnailer has:
    Code:
    [Thumbnailer Entry]
    Exec=/home/sarang/bin/my-raw-thumbnailer/my-raw-thumbnailer.bash %s %u %o
    Sample output is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sarang; February 27th, 2012 at 07:34 PM.

Beans

What about 12.04? I had no luck with this method. After creating raw.thumbnailer as described above still have no thumbnails for Canon's cr2. Anybody had success with this on "Precise"?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Using 12.04

Installed gnome-raw-thumbnailer, created raw.thumbnailer as in #11, then

Code:
    rm ~/.thumbnails/normal/*
    then succeded displaying .cr2 thumbnails. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12