Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing Ribbon Bar for Menu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Missing Ribbon Bar for Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gsmanners View Post
    That particular guide is old, written long before Unity was even a dream. Here's the guide you probably want:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/10481...plication-menu
    I have looked -carefully- at the URL at askubuntu.com and it doesn't help me, as I don't use Unity. When using Gnome, I'm in Ubuntu (Classic) desktop.

When in Xfce, I have no choice as to whether the ribbon bar menus show or not. They aren't there. So, soft focus, fuzzy focus, and "ignore indicator" only makes my head spin. Sorry. I know you are helping.

When I read: "new indicator-appmenu in Maverick breaks the LyX menu" I gave up, this "Unity-Support-disabling" post maybe too out of date.

Anybody else know why the Xfce doesn't show the standard menu at the top of the app's window?
    AMD Athlon II X4 620, 4gig ddr2-800, m/b MSI K9N6PGM2, 1T SATA, EVGA 9500GT, Canon MB2320 all-in-one, LG DVD-rom GSA-H55N

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Bizarrely, pressing F10 brings up the menu I most need. I don't like it this way, but rather than take more time from the Ubuntu Community, I will say 'thanks' and mark this as solved.

PS - I don't have the other menus other than the (what would be Alt-F) and while that's a prob, I can get started and learn the mysteries of Xfce on my own time. Again, thank you for your help.
    AMD Athlon II X4 620, 4gig ddr2-800, m/b MSI K9N6PGM2, 1T SATA, EVGA 9500GT, Canon MB2320 all-in-one, LG DVD-rom GSA-H55N

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Okay, how about trying this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove indicator-appmenu
    Help yourself: Ubuntu Docs - Ubuntu Packages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12