Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thunderbird does not show unread mail counts, envelope does not go blue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thunderbird does not show unread mail counts, envelope does not go blue

I am using Oneiric Beta(fresh install), and the Thunderbird install seems to have an issue. When I receive a new mail in the only account configured(my college webmail, IMAP over LAN), there is a system notification, but the messaging menu does not show any unread mail count, the envelope does not turn blue, and the launcher icon does not show any unread mails either. Thunderbird works perfectly fine, but the notify-osd bubble is the only notification of the mail. In short, the whole Ubuntu Integration add-on seems to be not working, although it is enabled. I have tried purging and resetting Thunderbird a few times, but the icon stubbornly remains white. The Messaging Menu is working, because I have used chat as well as gm-notify, and they are working fine. Only Thunderbird isn't working.
    Give that Oneiric is only 1 day away, I think we can consider this a genuine issue.
    Last edited by nishant.singh28; October 14th, 2011 at 07:47 PM.
    Dell Studio 1555
    Intel P8600 2.4 GHz, 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, 512 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 320GB 5400 RPM WD Blue Scorpio

Beans

Re: Thunderbird does not show unread mail counts, envelope does not go blue

i can confirm it :/

Beans

Same here. In another thread, someone suggested installing notification-daemon which I did, and didn't help

Beans
    Distro

Arrow Re: Thunderbird does not show unread mail counts, envelope does not go blue

http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_m...underbird_imap

I've filed a complaint....please mark yourself as having that issue. It might help.
    Dell Studio 1555
    Intel P8600 2.4 GHz, 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, 512 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 320GB 5400 RPM WD Blue Scorpio

Beans

Thank you. I think our issues are a little different here. I don't even get that notify-osd bubble.

Beans
    Distro

Come on...bump already
    Dell Studio 1555

Beans

I have the same (or a similar problem). I get the following messaging menu (attached), is this the same for everyone?

This happens on Thunderbird 7 stable and 8 beta (with messaging menu add-on), ubuntu 11.10.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

I only get the blue envelope when thunderbird is running but minimized. Also I've noticed my notifications (box when a song starts or shows new messages) are hit or miss with 11.10.

Beans
    Distro

Yes. mine does the same thing, just that it shows an arrow next to the Mail thing. But I don't get anything else there.
    Dell Studio 1555

Beans
    Distro

Bump already!!
    Dell Studio 1555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast