Thread: Looking for Ubuntu Installer CD or USB stick

Beans

Looking for Ubuntu Installer CD or USB stick

Hi everyone. Is there a place near North Hollywood where we could buy / rent / borrow a Linux installer on a CD or USB drive?

I tried looking for a shop, but all I got are online stores that ask for a credit card / paypal (which i do not have). Is there a brick and mortar shop or an InstallFest in LA (preferably near North Hollywood)? My mom's laptop got the blue screen of death, and I can't go to her place because I'm here in the Philippines right now. She could not download and burn an ISO because there are no other computers at her place and I don't know if she could download and install Ubuntu using her phone.
    Last edited by bloodpet; October 11th, 2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Removed some weird cubbies stuff.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Looking for Ubuntu Installer CD or USB stick

Welcome to the forums!

I'm outside of the USA, but still can help the answer would be to go to a local internet coffee, library or any other public institution, that offers (possibly free) internet access.

Neighbors or friends might help too
    Don't ask what your company can do for you.
    Ask what you can do for
    your company!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Looking for Ubuntu Installer CD or USB stick

Quote Originally Posted by bloodpet View Post
    Hi everyone. Is there a place near North Hollywood where we could buy / rent / borrow a Linux installer on a CD or USB drive?

I tried looking for a shop, but all I got are online stores that ask for a credit card / paypal (which i do not have). Is there a brick and mortar shop or an InstallFest in LA (preferably near North Hollywood)? My mom's laptop got the blue screen of death, and I can't go to her place because I'm here in the Philippines right now. She could not download and burn an ISO because there are no other computers at her place and I don't know if she could download and install Ubuntu using her phone.
    Is there any way your mom can make it to the Pasadena Ubuntu Hour this thursday? We can install Ubuntu on her system right there. Or if you prefer, I can just ship her some CDs and she can install Ubuntu on her own and you can walk her through via the phone.

Let me know which version your mom would be interested in (10.04 long term support, 10.10, 11.04 or the new 11.10). Also if 32 bit or 64 bit. THX.