Thread: 11.10: lubuntu or normal iso?

Beans

11.10: lubuntu or normal iso?

Hello,
    I'm a long-time user of Ubuntu and recently I got an Asus EeePc 900a with a 1.6GHz Intel Atom and only 1 GB of RAM and 4GB of SSD space. I used to use the netbook remix before they combined all of the iso's into one, and now I use the LXDE interface. It's slightly faster, but I think it's not as fun to use. When 11.10 comes out, should I stick with lubuntu or will it be worth the decrease in speed (if any)? Also, any alternative suggestions would be nice.
    Thanks in advance,
    ethyn408

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: 11.10: lubuntu or normal iso?

Have you thought about using a smaller distro like Damn Small Linux or Puppy Linux?There is other small distro's too
    When I am right no one remembers,When I am wrong no one forgets

Linux User 477355 Ubuntu User 23671

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by soloman498 View Post
    Have you thought about using a smaller distro like Damn Small Linux or Puppy Linux?There is other small distro's too
    I prefer ubuntu because I've been using it for a long time and I like it a lot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Hi,
    I am no expert but I have read that if you would like to slim down ubuntu even more then installing Ubuntu Mini follwed by LXDE or XFCE would do the trick.

HTH,

Penny
    Last edited by mystika1; October 11th, 2011 at 05:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by ethyn408 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm a long-time user of Ubuntu and recently I got an Asus EeePc 900a with a 1.6GHz Intel Atom and only 1 GB of RAM and 4GB of SSD space. I used to use the netbook remix before they combined all of the iso's into one, and now I use the LXDE interface. It's slightly faster, but I think it's not as fun to use. When 11.10 comes out, should I stick with lubuntu or will it be worth the decrease in speed (if any)? Also, any alternative suggestions would be nice.
    Thanks in advance,
    ethyn408
    One word, YES

NO WAY Ubuntu 11.10 can be compared with Lubuntu 11.10 when it comes to speed. After all, it's your call

Beans

go with lubuntu it's really fast!