Thread: Voice Recognition

Beans

Question Voice Recognition

I am still in the midst of Project 5, slight delay while I research necessary equipment, but as one of my side-projects relies on it I need to ask a simple question(s).

Any "good" voice recognition software for ubuntu-based linux? The win7 stuff is actually pretty good for the typical end-user but I require more customization (eg: voice commands easily linked to certain executions).

I prefer free software but I am not opposed to shelling out reasonable amounts of money for quality ware. I haven't thoroughly researched the win v-recog but I prefer working from the linux side of my lappy anyways. Don't rattle on about doing my research...my plate is very full and I don't need any more wild goose chases all over the net to find someone who has a clue. Z/Z

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Voice Recognition

You may wish to check this wikipedia article. It lists quite a number of Linux projects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_...ition_in_Linux

Beans

Smile Re: Voice Recognition

Thx pally...I bookmarked it and will read up on it soon Z/Z

Beans

Re: Voice Recognition

tbh i dont think you will find one as good as windows

Beans

Wink Re: Voice Recognition

Actually I want to find one worse than Windows' version. Windows' version is very general and will recognize just about anybodies voice.

Not only do I not speak English like a Royal (which limits my capabilities with the Windows' version, which is calibrated for perfect enunciation) I want the software to almost exclusively respond to my voice so if I am in a public area such as a cafe the people around me do not activate commands unintentionally.

Regardless...I am trying to design an mmorpg that is more accessible w/o the aide of the games creators so any information about assistive technologies is very welcome.

I am not disrespecting Windows' version...if u train it properly and learn to enunciate a little better it is very useful as a simultaneous interface device... but just about any noise made (even without an active mic) can be troublesome. Z/Z