Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you see Apple in post Steve Jobs time..?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

How do you see Apple in post Steve Jobs time..?

Despite of some idealogical difference I think Steve's death

is a great loss to IT . He was a genius and visionary . Even ubuntu/Linux was not the same as now if there was no Steve jobs .

When Steve left Apple in 90s it was slowly dying . Steve brought it back to life .

My question is How do you see Apple will perform in post Steve time..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: How do you see Apple in post Steve Jobs time..?

I personally do not like Apple one bit, but I did respect Steve Jobs and his impact on the industry. It is very sad he died at such a young age.

I think Apple has enough of a following now that they will continue on just fine.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It's something I wonder about. I have never really been a fan of their 'walled garden' approach, but Apple, through Jobs, has brought nearly every meaningful innovation in computing in the last 3 decades. The great thing about their products, form and function, was 99% Jobs. They have an interesting road ahead..
    In a ham and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved but the pig is committed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I think they will do just fine, Steve has drilled this stuff into our heads so we won't let Apple forget it any time soon. We have pretty much come to expect "perfection" from Apple and the Fans wont let them forget it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by galacticaboy View Post
    I think they will do just fine, Steve has drilled this stuff into our heads so we won't let Apple forget it any time soon. We have pretty much come to expect "perfection" from Apple and the Fans wont let them forget it.
    Na I give it 3 years then the stock will tank. iTunes will keep the company afloat for maybe 10. But as we saw with the new iPhone without the man in the black mock turtleneck the company won't be as innovative because the man with the whip is gone.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKingpin View Post
    I personally do not like Apple one bit, but I did respect Steve Jobs and his impact on the industry. It is very sad he died at such a young age.

I think Apple has enough of a following now that they will continue on just fine.
    It's not about whether they continue to make money. It's about whether they continue to develop as innovative technology.

Steve laid out plans for Apple's direction for the next four years or so. I'll be interested to see what happens after that. Hopefully, Cook is up to the job.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LowSky View Post
    Na I give it 3 years then the stock will tank. iTunes will keep the company afloat for maybe 10. But as we saw with the new iPhone without the man in the black mock turtleneck the company won't be as innovative because the man with the whip is gone.
    Interesting point.

I'm not sure which side I would bet a dollar on. I'm willing to bet that they might begin to slowly dwindle over time but I'm not convinced they'll disappear. They've had enough of an impact that I think they would continue on rather well. But Apple's year-after-year increase of sales and whatnot... I'm not so sure of... I just don't see it climbing like it did. But that's just a rough opinion too...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by galacticaboy View Post
    Thats pretty much dodging the question.
    Sure, even if the people replacing Jobs is horrible at their job the Apple brand will stay strong for a long time.

However, the question the OP was asking is really:
    Will Apple become just another IT company, or will it stay as a company who takes things and innovates them via doing them properly?

Tablets, smartphones with touchscreens, portable netbooks and a lot more has been around for decades, but for some odd reason nobody sat down and a did a proper job at them, and then markeded them and then sold them for a proper price.
    If Apple stays the same, they will find something else that nobody has done a proper job on before, and sell it, and it will catch on, a bit like the iPad.
    If Apple changes for the worse, they will be just like HP or Lenevo, but with a bit more shiny materials and OS X.

Beans
    Hidden!

Apple will be exactly the same as it has been the past several years. A patent troll, always having the most expensive hardware, but the least expensive software.

The new Apple board / committee had said after Jobs had all these issues... (before he died) that they would be continuing their mindset.

Lenovo has actual quality (tough-built) products in comparison to other companies (IE: Gateway.) Speaking of horrible computer publishers... Acer, Gateway, eMachines are still the worst on my list. Right below them: Toshiba. Below that, Samsung.

Now, I agree, HP is no good at computer making to be honest. But they make epic printing / scanning systems. I have an old HP M1522nf next to me, and it still works, still scans, still copies, still can hook up to a network (and scan through it, even on linux) but for linux to use all of its functions, it needs to download all the propietary drivers, as the M1522nf still requires them.
    Last edited by Lucradia; October 7th, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

While I greatly respect Steve Jobs, he was mainly just the mouthpiece and visionary for the company. It's not like he was the one who invented and designed every device and bit of software they came out with.

There are plenty of other talented engineers, architects, businessmen, visionaries, and mouthpieces in that company. They will be exactly the same as they always have, only with a new face, and maybe even see some positive results from people's sympathy.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast