Thread: What do you think about Yacy?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What do you think about Yacy?

http://www.yacy.net

YaCy is a free search engine that anyone can use to build a search portal for their intranet or to help search the public internet. When contributing to the world-wide peer network, the scale of YaCy is limited only by the number of users in the world and can index billions of web pages. It is fully decentralized, all users of the search engine network are equal, the network does not store user search requests and it is not possible for anyone to censor the content of the shared index. We want to achieve freedom of information through a free, distributed web search which is powered by the world's users.
    I actually JUST had this idea. I've been working on Python code for it ALL day and then I decided to see if anyone else had come up with it. Guess what. . . What do you guys think?
    Which is more important in obtaining the truth, "what" or "why"? Trick question. They are of equal importance.
    Freely ye have received, freely give.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: What do you think about Yacy?

I like it!

But then again, I like Diaspora, and for some strange reason, the hordes of users have failed to follow me there...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Meet people from all over the world who love the internet as much as you do.
    When you use this as your catch phrase, it kind of does have that turn off feel to it.
    Which is more important in obtaining the truth, "what" or "why"? Trick question. They are of equal importance.
    Freely ye have received, freely give.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Docaltmed View Post
    I like it!

But then again, I like Diaspora, and for some strange reason, the hordes of users have failed to follow me there...
    I'm on Diaspora dangerontheranger@diasp.org
    There are 10 different kinds of people:
    Those who understand binary numbers
    Those who don't
    Free/open-source game development kit: http://openblox.sourceforge.net