Thread: Teamviewer custom corporate logo

Beans

Teamviewer custom corporate logo

Hello, since Teamviewer isn't treating Ubuntu with a lot of love, I was hoping to see if there are any... fixes, or workarounds, here.

Basically, I am speaking for a company, TCA Telecom, and we also supply users with ubuntu PCs/Thinclients if they wish. I am rather new with the usage of ubuntu itself and am very pleasantly surprised with it's functions. The problem is -- there is no custom logo version for linux. At all. You have a mac and windows version -- that's it.

I tried running the windows version of the custom logo/join only client in WINE (proper capitalization not included) and obviously, that didn't work. Neither XP 32 bits or 7 64 bits windows could connect to this Ubuntu computer. If this is known to work if trying to connect to an ubuntu computer using another ubuntu computer, this problem would be solved, but I'm not that sure if it'll work...

Due to monetary and professional reasons, we can't simply provide tons of standard teamviewer free versions on all of those computers. Is there any way to make that .exe work/interface with teamviewer properly?

Everything is up to date - newest versions of teamviewer and ubuntu and whatnot, 64 bits.
    Last edited by Lordofthelargepants; September 30th, 2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Speeling mistakes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Teamviewer custom corporate logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofthelargepants View Post
    Hello, since Teamviewer isn't treating Ubuntu with a lot of love ...
    Huh? Sorry, I don't get what you mean. Teamviewer is working tip top here. Yes, on Ubuntu too.

So ... what exactly didn't work for you? Are you sure you're using the newest *.deb packages? Did you contact support?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Try going to the TeamViewer download page and download the version for Ubuntu.
    http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/index.aspx

Beans

Very sorry for the late reply.

As I said, Teamviewer is working fine. The *custom logo* version isn't.

If you order a teamviewer license as a company, you can get a custom-made join-only client with your company's logo on it. I can connect to other platforms no problem, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make the version with custom logo work in ubuntu?

http://support.tca.nl/otrs-web/TeamViewer.exe <== link to the custom logo version of my company, if I was not clear enough. Is there a way to make this windows version work with WINE or something similar? Since, as a company, you're not supposed to tell people to go to the teamviewer website and download the standard client, but instead, let the customer download a join-only client.

I would like to stress again -- teamviewer works. The join-only client is NOT supplied for any distribution of linux however.

This is what I meant with "not treating with a lot of love". Sure, there is a working version -- but it ends there.

Simply put -- I want to be able to join Ubuntu computers that use the custom logo version, I can join people that use windows no problem.

Also, yes, I called support. They said they did not supply ubuntu version of the custom logo version. Nor do they have plans to create one. (this is called teamviewer quicksupport if I'm correct)
    Last edited by Lordofthelargepants; October 20th, 2011 at 01:30 PM.

Beans

Team Viewer is a remote desktop application that allows users to view and control their computer from a remote location. Predominately geared for commercial business use, it is designed to connect multiple computers at once. Plus, it contains numerous useful features for performance, convenience, and security. There is also a free download of this product that is available for personal use.

Regards,
    video spokesmodel