Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Beans
    73

    Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

    It could be acceleration or jumping of the mouse i cant tell, it just too sensitive and very hard for me to get it to click on the area i want to click on without doing it very carefully. This only happens when the games goes fullscreen as opposed to windowed mode. The games i play have no means to adjust mouse sensitivity, even doing so in one of the in-game consoles doesnt do anything but since this problem happens in more than one game i figure its ubuntu's fault.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    1,419

    Re: Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

    I know this probably sounds like a crazy suggestion, but have you even momentarily considered letting us know what games you're referring to?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Beans
    940

    Re: Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

    So the cursor jumps when the screen resolution changes...

    What happens if you go to the display settings and turn down the resolution of the monitor? Does the problem persist?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Beans
    73

    Re: Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

    Quote Originally Posted by IWantFroyo View Post
    So the cursor jumps when the screen resolution changes...

    What happens if you go to the display settings and turn down the resolution of the monitor? Does the problem persist?
    yes, its not affected by res, its about fullscreen. it happens in games run on wine as well as games run natively.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    1,419

    Re: Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

    Quote Originally Posted by dioxholster View Post
    yes, its not affected by res, its about fullscreen. it happens in games run on wine as well as games run natively.
    Seriously, which ones?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Beans
    73

    Re: Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    Seriously, which ones?

    world of goo, frozen synapse, etc

    im using a netbook, asus 1005p.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    1,419

    Re: Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

    Quote Originally Posted by dioxholster View Post
    world of goo, frozen synapse, etc

    im using a netbook, asus 1005p.
    Have you considered researching whether there are any issues with the mouse control on the ASUS 1005p?
    Last edited by thatguruguy; October 1st, 2011 at 01:36 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Beans
    73

    Re: Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    Have you considered researching whether there are any issues with the mouse control on the ASUS 1005p?
    yeah sure, but its somewhat old netbook and all problems got fixed by ubuntu in its recent versions.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Beans
    1

    Re: Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

    I have the same problem running Kubuntu 11.10 on an ASUS 1005HA model. Am yet to find a workaround.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Beans
    27
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Mouse sensitivity goes crazy in games

    What type of mouse?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •