• No

392 32.67%
Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: Broadcom Wireless cards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: How to: Broadcom Wireless cards

I have the "AirForce One rev 02" broadcom card, and it took most of the tricks displayed on this page to get it working. Hibernation finally works for me in Dapper (didnt in Hoary), but powering back up my v2000, my wireless isn't working. Its active in the Network Manager panel, blue LED is glowing, but no such luck. Anybody experience this problem?

(EDIT: Wireless works fine with a simple reboot, just not coming back out of hibernation, I re-read this and figured it might confuse some people.)

Also, on a side note, how well does Ubuntu deal with PCMCIA wireless cards?? I would like to test out some of the wireless tools offered within the package database in Synaptics, such as kismet or airsnort.

I tried setting up kismet with my broadcom, but it said it only has "experimental" support with the broadcom, but speaks about the other workaround "berlios" driver I've read about back when I was working with ndiswrapper and 5.10 Ubuntu.

Beans

Nickm, you are my hero. I'm still somewhat new to Linux and I was fighting with ndiswrapper on 5.10 and after upgrading to Dapper and using your how to, my belkin 54g F5D7010 (BCM4306) finally works.

Next up is to see how well the new 'experimental' Broadcom support for Kismet works. No high hopes there though.

Thanks again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

THANK YOU! I've been futzing with making wireless work on dapper for several days now (not straight, but many hours still), and this finally did it. Awesome work.

Same chipset and all as you, so of course it should work. Just wish I'd seen this when it was created.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by grsing
    THANK YOU! I've been futzing with making wireless work on dapper for several days now (not straight, but many hours still), and this finally did it. Awesome work.

Same chipset and all as you, so of course it should work. Just wish I'd seen this when it was created.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideInvoice
    Nickm, you are my hero. I'm still somewhat new to Linux and I was fighting with ndiswrapper on 5.10 and after upgrading to Dapper and using your how to, my belkin 54g F5D7010 (BCM4306) finally works.

Next up is to see how well the new 'experimental' Broadcom support for Kismet works. No high hopes there though.

Thanks again
    Hey i'm glad it works for both of you, iv been in both of your positions and i know how fustrating it is, and also how great it is when you can take the Ethernet wire out, hit "Home" in firefox and have google come up anyway

On a side note, does anyone know what it means when your title is changed to "Spilled the beans" as mine was a few days ago?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I'm unsure about the beans.. I think it has to do with your post rate. And i'll try the iwconfig one I boot into Ubuntu which is right after I post this

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

beat you to it, it didnt work for me i think its because its editing the conf files that network manager doesnt use..so it wont have any effect, i dont know what wifi-radar uses though..

As for the title thing, i thought it maybe had something to do with this guide appearing on digg.com and getting 13,000 page views over a few hours or something "spilled the beans" "told everyone" i dunno

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks for the HOWTO, got the wireless up pretty quick (without encryption)
    Got it working without encryption and with encryption (WPA).
    I'm using the gnome-network manager, which is described in the HOWTO. And I'm using wpasupplicant in order to get it working with WPA.

Failover from Wired to wireless isn't that good (non existent tbh)... Hopefully I will get this working somewhere this week(end).

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I finally found the time to try this out. I Have a Compaq Presario V2000 Turion64. I have been over this since 5.10 and thanks to nickm I am doing a post from a new install of 6.06 with my Broadcom 4318 up and running.

Thanks nickm for you time and help with this. You have made lots of people very happy.

Beans

ok drachir...did u do this tutorial straight through?...cus i did it straight through from a clean install of 6.06 and my wireless still isnt working....maybe its cus i have an athlon amd 64?...woudl that make a difference?

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

maybe piracyrocks, i dont know if there is a special 64bit driver for the card you have? are you using the X86 or 64 bit version of ubuntu?

Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast