Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ralink RT3562 Oneiric 11.10 driver install guide

Beans

Re: Ralink RT3562 Oneiric 11.10 driver install guide

Hi everyone!
    I'm new here ... and for the start I want to tell you that you are doing a very great job by sharing all the knowledge and informations ... Really! Thanks for this!

Ok, I have an HP 650 laptop, with an Intel Core i3-2328M processor with an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS OS which has an wireless device: Ralink 3290

And I did what jackoneill87 told in his first post ... and ... it is OK (the wireless is working fine - yeah! until Ubuntu updates itself

I think the Ubuntu its rewriting my wireless driver (actually removing for good the wireless device - like doing an disable or something because I don't have wireless at all, just the LAN network) so I don't have wireless at all.

So please help me with this: isn't something that I can do, so after those updates, tell Ubuntu to not do anything with the wireless device? I don't know, just not to reinstall it the wireless again and again!!
    How to tell Ubuntu to not do anything with the wireless ...?

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Ralink RT3562 Oneiric 11.10 driver install guide

Hi, the way you installed the driver it has to be removed and recompiled everytime you have an update to your kernel.
    If you remove the driver completely then you can install it using these directions and you will not have to redo it everytime the kernel is updated.
    http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/na.../#post-5641297
    The directions are in German but just copy and paste the commands if you want you can use google translate.
    Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123