Thread: Third account in Evolution?

Beans

Third account in Evolution?

Hello all, I'm currently using Ubuntu 10.10.

I'm trying to configure Evolution, but no matter what my third account seems to automatically appear under the 'On This Computer' account, regardless of which account is set as default. I think this has caused problems, particularly a duplication problem where Evolution would fetch multiple instances of the same message for the 'On This Computer' account.

Ideally I'd like for the third account to appear separately and to collapse 'On This Computer' and forget it's there. Is there anyway to do this?

Beans

Re: Third account in Evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanshawe View Post
    Hello all, I'm currently using Ubuntu 10.10.

I'm trying to configure Evolution, but no matter what my third account seems to automatically appear under the 'On This Computer' account, regardless of which account is set as default. I think this has caused problems, particularly a duplication problem where Evolution would fetch multiple instances of the same message for the 'On This Computer' account.

Ideally I'd like for the third account to appear separately and to collapse 'On This Computer' and forget it's there. Is there anyway to do this?
    mmm well i have exactly that with multiple email accounts, my On This computer is collapsed and all others are seperate as they should be.
    Not sure if there is a particular setting though apart from the default account. Mine are all IMAP accounts not that that should make any difference.
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    mmm well i have exactly that with multiple email accounts, my On This computer is collapsed and all others are seperate as they should be.
    Not sure if there is a particular setting though apart from the default account. Mine are all IMAP accounts not that that should make any difference.
    Wait, it seems like it does make a difference. Each time I add my third account again, I notice if I set it as IMAP, it gains its own submenu separate from On This Computer. As soon as I set it back to POP (which it is) it gets shifted back to On This Computer.

I don't understand why this happens.

Beans

Wait, it seems like it does make a difference. Each time I add my third account again, I notice if I set it as IMAP, it gains its own submenu separate from On This Computer. As soon as I set it back to POP (which it is) it gets shifted back to On This Computer.

I don't understand why this happens.
    ahh yes, that makes sense. POP would come in by default to that Inbox.

Not sure how you can change it though, can you change that account to use IMAP, it is preferred anyways ?

See here http://library.gnome.org/users/evolu...counts.html.en
    Last edited by haqking; September 24th, 2011 at 09:41 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    ahh yes, that makes sense. POP would come in by default to that Inbox.

Not sure how you can change it though, can you change that account to use IMAP, it is preferred anyways ?

See here http://library.gnome.org/users/evolu...counts.html.en
    Good link, I've bookmarked it in case I ever need to put more than one POP up. Right now, though, I've figured out how to get that third account working as IMAP. It's separate and works perfectly. No duplicates!

Really appreciate the help, thanks

Beans

Good link, I've bookmarked it in case I ever need to put more than one POP up. Right now, though, I've figured out how to get that third account working as IMAP. It's separate and works perfectly. No duplicates!

Really appreciate the help, thanks
    OK cool, IMAP is better for a number of reasons anyways.

Glad you got it sorted, glad i could help

remember to mark the thread as solved using thread tools.

Cheers
    Last edited by haqking; September 25th, 2011 at 12:24 AM.