Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by kalosaurusrex View Post
    Sorry..

try:

sudo chmod 777 <directory.name.here>

sorry, I realized that right after posting haha, I'm still not used to using a terminal

Beans

No worries.

Thanks for using Ubuntu and HPLIP!

A

Beans

No worries.

Thanks for using Ubuntu and HPLIP!

A
    so you're the lead developer on the hplip project?

I think that you should have control over this thread, since you obviously know more than me. (after all this was meant as a simple tutorial for beginners, and that's what i was and (still am now) when i made this guide)

maybe we can talk to a mod about switching owners of this thread (unless of course you dont want to, thats cool too)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

sudo hp-setup says the command is not found. I am running Dapper. Does that make a difference? I didn't remove my printer yet as suggested, because if running Dapper changes these instructions, I don't want to ruin a printer which seems to be working okay otherwise.

What is the difference between delete printer and unpublish printer at localhost?

Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntuman001 View Post
    so you're the lead developer on the hplip project?

I think that you should have control over this thread, since you obviously know more than me. (after all this was meant as a simple tutorial for beginners, and that's what i was and (still am now) when i made this guide)

maybe we can talk to a mod about switching owners of this thread (unless of course you dont want to, thats cool too)
    I'm not the lead, but I am the primary support person. I work with the engineers that develop the tools.

I'd be honored, but it's really up to you. You did make the how to--I'm just trying to help out.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by steven8 View Post
    sudo hp-setup says the command is not found. I am running Dapper. Does that make a difference? I didn't remove my printer yet as suggested, because if running Dapper changes these instructions, I don't want to ruin a printer which seems to be working okay otherwise.

What is the difference between delete printer and unpublish printer at localhost?

Thanks.

Sounds like you are using an older version of hplip. You may want to install the latest from: http://hplip.sf.net

Beans

I'm not the lead, but I am the primary support person. I work with the engineers that develop the tools.

I'd be honored, but it's really up to you. You did make the how to--I'm just trying to help out.
    hmmm, i think I'll talk to a mod soon. you obviously deserve to be the OP, because half of the questions you answer, i have no answer to! yea i made a how-to, but that doesnt mean im proficient with it

well i'll talk to the mods, and see what they can do, and then i'll forward those PM's to you.

thanks for your support in the hplip project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Sounds like you are using an older version of hplip. You may want to install the latest from: http://hplip.sf.net
    That got it! I was using version 0.9.7!!

Thanks!!

Beans

hey, kalosaurusrex, did you ever receive my private message? i sent it to you a while ago, please check it. by the way, you can enable the option so that PM's become pop-ups when you sign in to the forums, its in preferences in your control panel i think.

Beans

ubuntuman001: Sorry, we're right in the middle of a release so I haven't had a chance to take a look at my PM's. I'll check it out. I'll work on getting the topic switched over early next week.

Sorry about the delay.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast