Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by galv View Post
    Let's hope so, I will try to do it!
    It work, just fallow the steps from the HPLIP website and now I have Printer/Scanner (HP Photosmarth C3180) working!

Yuppei!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by galv View Post
    It work, just fallow the steps from the HPLIP website and now I have Printer/Scanner (HP Photosmarth C3180) working!

Yuppei!
    awesome!

Beans

Worked like a charm on my networked Hp Photosmart 2710.
    I used the http://hplip.sourceforge.net/ link and installed from the tarball.

Now if only I can find some thing similar for my canon s520. Oh well I will keep looking.

Beans

Okay, I have finally edited this guide. It includes the hplip website now, for maximum compatability. Thanks for all those who have contributed to this guide.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hello. I am running Edgy with an HP Officejet all-in-one 4215 connected via USB and it refuses to work. It isn't detected by either the administration/printing setup or the XSane scanner. I've tried using both hplips and CUPS but to no avail. I had the exact same setup work under Dapper 6.06 just fine, which is why I am so perplexed. Do I need to downgrade some software, or are there any other methods out there I should try? Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by voided3 View Post
    Hello. I am running Edgy with an HP Officejet all-in-one 4215 connected via USB and it refuses to work. It isn't detected by either the administration/printing setup or the XSane scanner. I've tried using both hplips and CUPS but to no avail. I had the exact same setup work under Dapper 6.06 just fine, which is why I am so perplexed. Do I need to downgrade some software, or are there any other methods out there I should try? Thanks!
    so u tried the latest hplip drivers from the site i showed in the guide?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Yeah, I have hplip 1.6.9 installed

Beans

Yeah, I have hplip 1.6.9 installed
    that's really weird then. if you followed my guide to the letter, and it still doesn't work, i don't know what to say...maybe just bad luck?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

If this helps, when I run the hplip 1.6.10 installer in the automatic mode, I get this at the end:

INSTALL MISSING REQUIRED DEPENDENCIES
    -------------------------------------

warning: There are 6 missing REQUIRED dependencies.
    note: Installation of dependencies requires an active internet connection.
    note: You may be prompted for a password. Please enter the appropriate password for your system for 'sudo'
    warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency: gcc (gcc - GNU Project C and C++ Compiler)
    error: This installer cannot install this dependency for your distro/OS and/or version.
    error: Installation cannot continue without this dependency. Please manually install this dependency and re-run this installer.

According to synaptic, I have gcc installed too... perhaps it's the wrong version. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Beans

If this helps, when I run the hplip 1.6.10 installer in the automatic mode, I get this at the end:

INSTALL MISSING REQUIRED DEPENDENCIES
    -------------------------------------

warning: There are 6 missing REQUIRED dependencies.
    note: Installation of dependencies requires an active internet connection.
    note: You may be prompted for a password. Please enter the appropriate password for your system for 'sudo'
    warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency: gcc (gcc - GNU Project C and C++ Compiler)
    error: This installer cannot install this dependency for your distro/OS and/or version.
    error: Installation cannot continue without this dependency. Please manually install this dependency and re-run this installer.

According to synaptic, I have gcc installed too... perhaps it's the wrong version. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    hmm....even weirder...gcc is one of the basic programs included with all of the different distros of linux.

o well.

try this in a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
    then you might want to try:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install -f
    and then try the installer again.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast