Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

Hi there

Sorry for re-hashing old issues nut I'm having trouble installing an HP Deskjet F2483. I've downloaded the hplip-3.10.05.run but when I type the install command in terminal I get:
    " angelo@angelo-desktop:~$ cd Desktop
    angelo@angelo-desktop:~/Desktop$ sh hplip-3.10.5.run
    Creating directory hplip-3.10.5
    Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums: 229f7298a99ba86153cad12fbc11b8a3 is different from 7c966612d669ecd8ec29df44dda0ae1f
    angelo@angelo-desktop:~/Desktop$ "

Q: what is MD5 checksums and how do we correct their errors?

Many Thanks

UBUNTU 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yellow. All I print is yellow. I followed the tutorial and successfully installed hplip 3.10.5 with HP Deskjet 3845

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

I have an HP Deskjet 940c, which was detected automatically in the first two versions of Ubuntu I used. Now with 10.04, it acts like the printer doesn't exist. I've installed all the recommended drivers, gone to the HP site, nothing has worked. I searched every page of this thread for "940" and nothing came up, so am I the first one with this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Beans

[SOLVED] I went back to HP's download website. The first time I was there, I was advised to use the version in the repositories (hplip 3.10.2), so I installed that, and it didn't work. I went back and downloaded their current version (hplip 3.10.6). It was a long involved installation, but after it was all done, I had a working printer!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ok, so I don't have the printer right here with me to work on but I am working on a desktop for someone and they need their hp s4235 AIO to work with ubuntu lucid. So, if I were to follow these steps on the spot when I show up to their house to fix the issue, will it work? if not, are there any special steps to take to make sure that I get it, instead of looking like an idiot in front of someone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I bought a deskjet 1050 and installed the hplip 3.10.9 but am not able to configure it on Lucid 64 bit.
    Somehow the pdd for my printer does not show up
    kindly take a look at my thread here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1616353&page=3
    Regards Richlyn
    Windows XP,Lucid and Oneric multi boot
    160 and 500 HDD,2 GB Ram

Beans

I have been working on this for a couple of days now and have tried several things already to get the auto install going.

To start with, I have already checked the compatibility and its good, this is ubuntu 10.04 and its on a laptop.

now when im in the terminal trying to get it started, I have as follow -

johndoe@johndoe-laptop:- $

The normal start up, but I have tried several paths, including the supposed cd desktop.

I wonder if anyone has come across this problem and know how to correct me in my misfortune.

Thank you.

Beans

Hello,

I have to printers HP Deskjet D1660 and Lexmark X2670 , new out of the box, and can't get either of them to work. What can I say? Do not even know where to start.

Cheers

Mike

oneidamj@hotmail.com

Beans

Hello All,
    I have trying for a couple of days to access the HP site for Linux drivers. It is down
    and does not look like it will be up anytime soon.
    Anyone have other solutions for my PSC-2350, using Ubuntu 9.10
    Thanks,
    togg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Is it possible to install HP drivers in a Windows XP virtual machine running inside Ubuntu and to use the printer that way?

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast