Thread: question about evolution calendar sync

Beans

question about evolution calendar sync

Hello,

I have posted this question in the past, but I was not lucky in terms of responses, so I wanted to try again. If anyone cant answer, if you know of a better forum to ask (it seems like evolution does not have a forum...) please let me know. I synced my google calendar with evolution using the method below:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4488736_sync...-calendar.html

My only issue is that the box presented to me did not include an encryption box (there was no SSL box to check.) I have been a bit paranoid ever since constantly keeping an eye n the recent activity link on gmail. Does anyone know if this sync method actually encrypts? If not, is there a way I can intercept my own communication and see if it is encrypted? I heard something about a program called shark. Thank you so much!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: question about evolution calendar sync

sudo apt-get install wireshark

Wireshark is the program you are looking for.

It's the best packet sniffer out there.

I don't actually use Google Calendars, so I can't be much more help for that.
    Shamelessly plugging my GLog! (GeekLog) in every post I can
    If your problem is solved, please do take the time to mention it and Mark the Thread as Solved!

Beans

Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciate it!

B

Beans

Hello!! I recently installed Ubuntu 11.10 with GNOME 3, which is awesome. It comes with Thunderbird, but I chose to install evolution 3. The only problem I have is that I cannot sync evolution 3 with Google calendar. Can anyone help me please?? Thanks!!
    --Isabelle